NFL Draft Diamonds Prospect Interview: Troy Williams, QB, University of Utah
What is your name?
- Troy Williams.
Where did you play College Football?
- The University of Washington, Santa Monica, University of Utah.
What position do you play?
What is your height/weight?
- 6’2″ 210lbs.
Did you play any other sports growing up? If so, what were they?
- Played basketball and baseball when I was younger. Basketball was always my first love still love playing to this day. Football just so happened to have a better route for me and my future.
Who is the toughest player you have competed against in College?
- Toughest players I competed against in college were Marcus Peters, Shaq Thompson, Keishawn Bierria, Azeem Victor, Domonique Hattfield. Couldn’t just name one.
Are you listening to music before a game? If so, what?
- Music before the game has to be Nipsey Hussle, K-Stone, Reason, Jayson Cash, HattyF, 1takeJay, Mozzy.
Do you have any superstitions before a game? If so, what are they?
- Superstitions before the game, don’t really have any
Who is your role model & why?
- My role models are my parents. They taught me how to take a loss and keep pushing. No matter what the grind never stops.
While in College, what has been your favorite & least favorite class?
- Favorite class in college was African American sports history with professor Terry Scott at Washington, loved her teaching style. Least favorite class was calculus I hated math.
Outside of Football, what has been your favorite experience while in College?
- Outside of football my favorite experience while in college was all of the brothers I made through my journey. Being around them and all the times we had together made college that much better.
Growing up, who was your favorite NFL Team & NFL player, & why?
- Favorite NFL team growing up was the Eagles, big Donovan McNabb fan. Favorite NFL player had to be Michael Vick.
If you could be in any movie of your choice, what would it be & what character would you play?
- If I could be in a movie it would be Black Panther or Hercules the cartoon, tough choice. I would be Prince T’Challa or Hercules.
If you could have dinner with three (3) people, dead or alive, who are they?
- Dinner with 3 people would be my uncle Marc, Kobe Bryant, and Nipsey Hussle.
If you could meet any historical figure, who would you choose & why?
- If I could meet a historical figure it would be Jackie Robinson because of everything he went through as an African American athlete and being hated by so many people.
Who is your favorite superhero & why?
- My favorite superhero would have to be Black Panther because of the love and loyalty he has for his family and his city.
What is your definition of hard work?
- My definition of hard work is consistency and dedicating your lifestyle around your craft.
What is the most unexpected lesson you learned while in College?
- The most unexpected lesson I had to learn in college was how to handle was being benched my senior year but still having to hold up the responsibilities of being a team captain.
Which would you prefer, three (3) wishes over five (5) years or one (1) wish right now? What wish or wishes would you choose?
- I would have to go with 3 wishes over 5 years.
What is something you wish you could go back & tell yourself as a High School Freshman?
- Something I wish I could go back and tell myself as a freshman in high school is watch the people who you think are your friends.
Why do you wear #3?
- I wear #3 because of my cousin Trey. He is like a big brother to me and I followed his every move growing up.
What is the best part of your hometown, Carson, CA?
- The best part about my hometown is just going around and seeing everybody you grew up with and how they are progressing in life on different paths. City of Del Amo, we all push one another to be great in life no matter what it is that we do.
You started your career at the University of Washington in 2014. Do you think the path you took getting to this point made you a stronger man & player?
- I think the path I took made me a lot stronger as a man and as a player especially mentally. Made me want to work harder than I ever have before with every setback I had. College didn’t really go as I planned but I’m glad I went through everything that I did, has a lot to do with the man I am today. No regret on any decision I made throughout my college journey.
What have you enjoyed most about this pre-draft process?
- What I’ve enjoyed most about this pre draft process is that my life is literally all football now. Waking up and doing football everyday for a living is honestly a dream come true. And I have a lot not more time for 2k and Madden with no school now haha so I’m loving every minute of it.