NFL Draft Diamonds Interview: Kenny Lacy, OT, UCLA
- Kenny Lacy
What is your name?
- Kenny Lacy.
Where did you play College Football?
What position do you play?
What is your height/weight?
- 6’4” 310lbs.
Did you play any other sports growing up? If so, what were they?
- Man growing up I always was a basketball player. I did the shot-put & ran track. My dad thought it was good for me to be a well-rounded athlete.
Who is the toughest player you have competed against in College?
- Had to be one of my teammates. Numerous of those guys on that defense we had. Anthony Barr, Eric Kendricks, Cassius Marsh & Eddie Vanderdoes.
Are you listening to music before a game? If so, what?
- Yeah usually before a game I will be listening to music. Maybe to some Nipsey Hussle, Drake maybe some Migos. Get me in my zone.
Do you have any superstitions before a game? If so, what are they?
- I pretty much have a simple routine. Get to the stadium early, walk the field, come back in & change. If it is an away game, make sure to get on the right pants.
Who is your role model & why?
- Would definitely be my Dad. He has always taught me that you can overcome anything if you put your mind to it.
While in College, what has been your favorite & least favorite class?
- My favorite class were probably my Political Science classes. I would say my least favorite class was my Statistics class.
Outside of Football, what has been your favorite experience while in College?
- Experiencing L.A. & upper Westwood. Going to Lakers games, it just a different place than Phoenix. Hanging out with the team & going to the beach.
Growing up, who was your favorite NFL Team, & why?
- My favorite team is the Arizona Cardinals.
You cite Former Michigan LT Jake Long as being the athlete you admire most, why?
- He was a great player; I really look up to him.
If you could be in any movie of your choice, what would it be & what character would you play?
- I would be Ace from Paid in Full. I am the one in the group that is more relaxed & chill that does not want to be in the spotlight.
If you could have dinner with three (3) people, dead or alive, who are they?
- Muhammad Ali, Martin Luther King Jr., Kobe Bryant
If you could meet any historical figure, who would you choose & why?
- Muhammad Ali. There would be so much to learn from him.
Who is your favorite superhero & why?
- Growing up I was never really into them, but if I had to pick I would probably choose Superman.
What is your definition of hard work?
- To me, hard work is doing more than what everybody else expects is good enough.
What is the most unexpected lesson you learned while in College?
- I learned another degree of hard work. Learned the difference between just work & really getting after it.
Which would you prefer, three (3) wishes over five (5) years or one (1) wish right now? What wish or wishes would you choose?
- I would choose three wishes.
What is something you wish you could go back & tell yourself as a High School Freshman?
- I would probably give myself a little bit better study habits. I could have made it easier on myself with better study habits.
Why do you wear #76?
- I started wearing that when I was about seven years old because of Orlando Pace.
You majored in Political Science while at UCLA, what drove you to that field?
- When I was a freshman, I just got interested in how much strategy is involved in Politics.
You have interest in a career in Sports broadcasting. Who are some of the people you look up to in that profession & what attracts you to making that a potential career?
- I definitely look up to Jalen Rose, or another former player like Shaq. Being former athletes, they have made a smooth transition.
What is the best part of your hometown, Phoenix, AZ?
- South Phoenix is the best by far. You will have to come here if you have never been. I really just enjoy coming back home. It has always been the place for my friends to come over & hang out.