1) Jacksonville Jaguars – Ickey Ekwonu, OT, North Carolina State – Jaguars land one of the best offensive lineman in the entire draft. It is not a huge shock, because several analyst view Ekwonu better than Evan Neal. The Jaguars have to protect their franchise quarterback.
2) Detroit Lions – Travon Walker, DE, Georgia – This is a bit of a surprise, but the Lions pass on the Michigan superstar to take the Georgia pass rusher. Adding him to their defensive line is going to be a huge blessing. Dan Campbell wants guys that bite knee caps, and Walker is a very gifted player.
3) Houston Texans – Charles Cross, OT, Mississippi State – Kind of a surprise here because Evan Neal is still on the board, but the Texans like Cross better than Neal. Cross is the best pass-protecting offensive tackle in the entire draft. He allows Davis Mills to have more time.
4) New York Jets – Aidan Hutchinson, DE, Michigan – Robert Saleh lands the best pass rusher in the draft? He runs to the podium to call this in. The Jets win the top five because Hutchinson should be drafted first overall.
5) New York Giants – Evan Neal, OT, Alabama – The New York Giants and Joe Schoen are blessed with one of the most athletic offensive lineman in recent history. Daniel Jones is smiling and Saquon Barkley has a big man to open some holes in front of him.
6) Carolina Panthers – Kenny Pickett, QB, Pittsburgh – Panthers have been in on every single quarterback and they end up taking the quarterback they feel is the best in the draft. Despite having tiny hands, Pickett is a very good passing quarterback, and has solid accuracy. He could end up saving Matt Rhule or causing his demise.
7) New Orleans Saints (from New York Giants, Chicago Bears) (TRADE) – Malik Willis, QB, Liberty – Saints pull off a block buster by giving up some draft picks in the future to move up as well as their two first round picks in 2022. They land a quarterback who can learn for a year behind Jameis Winston. Willis finds a great home!
8) Atlanta Falcons – Desmond Ridder, QB, Cincinnati – Falcons shock the draft, they take the most pro ready quarterback in the top 10. Many do not even have Desmond Ridder in the top 25 picks, but the Falcons take their shot. Falcons find their quarterback and they are happy with the pick.
9) Seattle Seahawks (from Denver Broncos) – Derek Stingley Jr., CB, LSU – The Seahawks don’t care about the past two seasons, or the injuries, they believe Stingley Jr is the best corner in the country and they make the move. You have to love the pick, because they immediately improve their secondary.
10) New York Jets (from Seattle Seahawks) – Kyle Hamilton, S, Notre Dame – Robert Saleh has a tough choice. He really would like to add both Ahmad Gardner and Kyle Hamilton, but he selects the freaky athletic safety to come on board and help his new and improved defense.
11) Buffalo Bills – (from Washington Commanders) (TRADE) – Ahmad Gardner, CB, Cincinnati – Buffalo Bills can taste the Super Bowl, and they know they need a cornerback if they want to win. With Tre’Davious White returning, they pull off a huge trade giving up 2023 picks to get up to the 11th pick to take the best shutdown cornerback in the draft.
12) Minnesota Vikings – Trent McDuffie, CB, Washington – The Vikings take a very smart and fluid cornerback in McDuffie. He could end up being the best corner in this draft. He has very good hips and looks great in coverage.
13) Houston Texans (from Cleveland Browns) – Kayvon Thibodeaux, DE, Oregon – The Houston Texans could have used the third overall pick on Thibodeaux, but he falls to them at 13. Lovie Smith is not going to let him fall anymore. The Texans run to the podium to snag their shiny new toy.
14) Baltimore Ravens – Trevor Penning, OT, Northern Iowa – The Baltimore Ravens will be going up against Myles Garrett and TJ Watt, they better find a way to protect Lamar Jackson. The Ravens could use someone who is super aggressive and finishes the blocks. Penning will become a favorite of Lamar Jackson.
15) Philadelphia Eagles (from Miami Dolphins) – Nakobe Dean, LB, Georgia – At the Combine, Giovanni Hamilton told Rich Eisen, the team needed to draft linebackers, and Howie Roseman listened. They take the best linebacker in the draft and an immediate impact player.
16) New York Giants (from New Orleans Saints through Indianapolis Colts, Philadelphia Eagles) (TRADE) – Jermaine Johnson, DE, Florida State – Giants on their trade down land a top 10 pass rusher after selecting Evan Neal in the top 5. Giants and Joe Schoen land two day one starters and still have a pick left.
17) Los Angeles Chargers – Jordan Davis, DT, Georgia – I cannot believe the NFL just let Jordan Davis fall to the Chargers. Imagine Jordan Davis, Joey Bosa, and Khalil Mack on the same defensive line? The AFC West just got better, again…..
18) Philadelphia Eagles (from New Orleans Saints) – Garrett Wilson, WR, Ohio State – Eagles take the best wide receiver in the draft. They give Jalen Hurts another prospect to help elevate his game. Wilson will be a day one starter for Nick Sirianni and the Eagles.
19) Green Bay Packers (from Philadelphia Eagles, New Orleans Saints, New York Giants) – (TRADE) – Chris Olave, WR, Ohio State – The Packers swing a trade with the New York Giants to come up and take the Ohio State speedster. The Packers need help at the wide receiver position and they have to give up a pick to move up but it was worth it.
20) Pittsburgh Steelers – Bernhard Raimann, OT, Central Michigan – Mike Tomlin does not panic at the quarterback position like other teams. He waits patiently and lands a mean and tenacious offensive tackle who is super athletic.
21) New England Patriots – Andrew Booth, CB, Clemson – Bill Belichick lands a top cornerback prospect in the 2022 NFL Draft, whose athletic ability jumps off the film. He will quickly become the star cornerback of the Pats.
22) Green Bay Packers (from Las Vegas Raiders) – Christian Watson, WR, North Dakota State – Watson is a return man, and a great wide out. The Packers were desperate and even gave up future draft picks to secure two of the top wide receivers.
23) Arizona Cardinals – Devontate Wyatt, DT, Georgia – The Cardinals lost Jordan Phillips and Corey Peters is still a free agent. Wyatt comes in right away and fills a hole. Wyatt should have been drafted a lot higher than 23, this is a steal.
24) Dallas Cowboys – Zion Johnson, OG, Boston College – The Cowboys lost their starting offensive guard but they find a much better and younger replacement. Zion Johnson maybe the most technically sound offensive guard in the entire NFL Draft.
25) Washington Commanders (from Buffalo Bills) (TRADE) – Devin Lloyd, LB, Utah – The Commanders stay patient, make a trade with the Bills, pick up a fist rounder in 2023 and more picks this year and land the top rated linebacker in the draft. The Commanders front seven is filthy.
26) Tennessee Titans – Kenyon Green, OG, Texas A&M – Titans lost Rodger Saffold, but find a young replacement. The Titans continue to find players who can open holes for Derrick Henry and protect Ryan Tannehill.
27) Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Matt Corral, QB, Ole Miss – The Buccaneers had a scare last year with Tom Brady retiring but this year they take another quarterback who is coming off an injury to learn from a legend. With Kyle Trask and Matt Corral the Buccaneers will be good to go if Brady does in fact hang up his cleats next year.
28) New York Giants (from Green Bay Packers) (TRADE) – Trey McBride, TE, Colorado State – Giants land the top tight end prospect in the draft. After he ran a 4.56 at his pro day the Giants wanted to make sure they gave Daniel Jones a safety blanket. They take McBride in the first.
29) Kansas City Chiefs (from San Francisco 49ers through Miami Dolphins) – Jameson Williams, WR, Alabama – The Chiefs are not afraid to take a player recovering from an injury or with an injury problem. They take Jameson Williams who is very similar to Tyreek Hill. He was banged up last year but when healthy he could end up being the top wide out in the draft.
30) Kansas City Chiefs – David Ojabo, EDGE, Michigan – The Chiefs go back to back and take a player who was banged up. Ojabo will likely be in a rest season, but when he comes back he will be a terror. The Chiefs and Andy Reid get it, adding a player with superstar ability in the bottom of the first.
31) Cincinnati Bengals – Tyler Linderbaum, OC, Iowa – The Bengals have the right idea, solidify the offensive line and Joe Burrow can make a team pay. Linderbaum is the best center in the draft, and they add another star to their offensive line in the off-season. Joe Burrow should be happy!
32) Detroit Lions (from Los Angeles Rams) – Sam Howell, QB, North Carolina – The Lions like Jared Goff, that is great, but you can land Sam Howell and add an additional year to his contract by taking him in the first round. The Lions would be crazy not to pick him here at 32, just in case he does in fact tear it up they can have the fifth year option. They pick again at 34, so why not?