- Name: Devin Jones
- Position: DB/RS
- College: UNC Pembroke
- Height: 5’9
- Weight: 180
- Twitter: Devo_Era
- Instagram: Devinjones4
What makes you a top prospect at your position in the 2022 NFL Draft?
- Not only can I lockdown the outside at corner I can also be a very dangerous weapon in the return game and can change the momentum of a game in an instance. When I get the ball in my hand there is always a chance for a big play no matter if it’s on defense or in the return game.
At what age were you first interested in the sport of football?
- I started playing football around 8 years old.
What is one thing that NFL teams should know about you?
- I am a great person to have in the locker room. I get along with everyone and would be a great addition not only on the field but in the locker room.
If you could donate to one cause in the world, what would it be?
- I would donate to some type of charity that helps single fathers. A lot of dads don’t get a fair chance in this world and I would 100% love to see change.
What is the best advice you have ever received?
- “It’s easy to take the easy way out” when times get tough I always refer back to that quote that was said to me back in high school.
Who was your childhood hero?
- I can’t say I had one childhood hero. I’ve had a lot of great influences growing up and a lot of people cared for me and were by my side.
Who is the most underrated teammate in your locker room at your school?
- The most underrated teammate is two players I played with last season. Dante Bowlding and Sean Hill. They both were extremely good players on the field but they were also great teammates that always had my back no matter the situation.
What is your biggest pet peeve?
- When someone isn’t 100% committed to something they are putting their time into.
Overcoming adversity is what defines character, what was the hardest moment in your life to overcome?
- This has changed recently. The passing of my grandma has been the hardest thing in my life to overcome and I still haven’t overcome it. She was loved by everyone in my family and held us all together through tough times. I think about her and miss her everyday. I know I am making her proud so I will continue to do what I’m doing as she watches down over me and my whole family.
Tell me something about your school and why it is so special to you?
- My school is special to me because I created friendships that will last forever. I’m forever grateful.
What is your favorite snack food?
- I could kill some peanut butter and jelly’s
What is the best part of football?
- The 4th Quarter. I love when the games on the line. All eyes on you and it’s either make a play or go home. It can’t get better than that.
If you could sell yourself in one sentence what would you say?
- Take a chance on me, I can do ANYTHING that ANYONE in this draft can do just as good if not better.
If you could compare your play to one player in the NFL who would it be?
- Isaiah Rogers from the Colts. I have been compared to him over the last two years and I feel like we have similar playing styles.
If you could have dinner with three people dead or alive, who would it be and why?
- My grandmother because I just wish I could talk to her one more time, Sean Taylor because I grew up watching him and he made me fall in love with the game of football, and Deion Sanders because he was a big inspiration growing up.