- Name: Elijah Hamilton
- Position: DB
- College: Vanderbilt (undergrad) LA Tech (grad)
- Height: 6’2
- Weight: 208
- Twitter: ELI_HAM1
- Instagram: eli_ham1
What makes you a top prospect at your position in the 2022 NFL Draft?
- I’m a 6 foot 2 defensive back with 4.3 speed that can can cover and tackle but most importantly I can come in and immediately make an impact on special teams. A lot of teams will be looking for DBs with my size,speed, and coverage ability but where I separate from other DBs in my class is my special teams play and I’ll let what they see in my film speak to that.
At what age were you first interested in the sport of football?
- I’ve been interested in football for as long as I can remember. I grew up in football centered family as father was a former NFL player for the packers and the Falcons. I started playing football at the age of 6 and I’ve been immersed in it ever since.
What is one thing that NFL teams should know about you?
- I am dedicated to my craft.
If you could donate to one cause in the world, what would it be?
- I want to donate to a cause that helps build housing and underserved communities.
What is the best advice you have ever received?
- Control what you can control.
Who was your childhood hero?
- My Father. Yeah, it was always cool to say my pops played in the league but I was blessed to have someone who I could gain knowledge from on and off the field.
Who is the most underrated teammate in your locker room at your school?
- Zaire Jones (SAF @ Youngstown)
What is your biggest pet peeve?
- Lack of communication
Overcoming adversity is what defines character, what was the hardest moment in your life to overcome?
- Constantly being denied opportunities to showcase my skills as a defensive back in the early years of my college career because I was deemed “not ready”. It was definitely a humbling experience and it almost made me lose love for the game because I always knew the great things I was capable of doing in the field. It was a wake up call for me and as I look back on it I appreciate it because it helped me fall in love with grind.
Tell me something about your school and why it is so special to you?
- Vandy was special because not only were you in a league where you played the highest level of college football, Vandy also did a great job of preparing me for life outside of football.
What is your favorite snack food?
- Pop Tarts
What is the best part of football?
If you could sell yourself in one sentence what would you say?
- I’ll just say It would be foolish not to draft a 6’2 lockdown defensive back that can run with anyone and that WANTS to play special teams.
If you could compare your play to one player in the NFL who would it be?
- Xavier Rhodes
If you could have dinner with three people dead or alive, who would it be and why?
- I would say Jesus Christ: I would have so many questions to ask in regards to my personal life, what he thinks about the current state of the earth, etc..
- MLK Jr.: I would have a deep conversation with him about perseverance and overcoming adversity.
- Jay Z: I would ask him about his mindset and the key to making it in life (especially financially).