- Name: Semise Tonga Kofe
- Position: Nose Guard/D Tackle
- College: THE Portland State University
- Height: 6’2
- Weight: 310 lbs.
- Twitter: @kofetonga
What makes you a top prospect at your position in the 2022 NFL Draft?
- My motor and ability to take on double teams and still make plays.
At what age were you first interested in the sport of football?
- Ever since I could run, Id play tackle football on little patches of grass at varsity high school games with my friends.
What is one thing that NFL teams should know about you?
- They won’t ever have to coach me about effort. It can be practice, games, or charity events, I do not care. I will give my all.
If you could donate to one cause in the world, what would it be?
- I would donate to immigrant families that are struggling to make a living in the US and that are trying to actually better themselves as my dad did.
What is the best advice you have ever received?
- Always train like you’re in second place.
Who was your childhood hero?
- Most definitely my Dad. He moved here from Tonga not knowing any English, but he knew to put God first and how to work. I have 10 siblings and he provided for all 10 of us and never complained once about it.
Who is the most underrated teammate in your locker room at your school?
- VJ Malo is definitely overlooked. We got a steal when he committed to PSU. Tyson Pauling is also an underrated center in the big sky. The Smartest player on the field without a doubt.
What is your biggest pet peeve?
- When people aren’t punctual.
Overcoming adversity is what defines character, what was the hardest moment in your life to overcome?
- Serving my mission for the LDS church was very difficult for me. Coming from a place where athletes are loved then heading to the Philippines for 2 years and being hated or disrespected because of my faith was definitely a hard moment for me.
Tell me something about your school and why it is so special to you?
- The friends, family, and experiences I made throughout the years will forever be a part of me.
What is your favorite snack food?
- I don’t know if McDonalds count as a snack food but it is definitely my go to. Shoutout to Ochocinco.
What is the best part of football?
- Teaches life lessons such as discipline, hard work, how to lead, how to follow, accomplish goals with the help of others, and many more things that apply to life after football.
If you could sell yourself in one sentence what would you say?
- What do you need me to do?
If you could compare your play to one player in the NFL who would it be?
- Vita Vea no doubt.
If you could have dinner with three people dead or alive, who would it be and why?
- My Fiancé, because I would want her to sit down with my second guest which would be our savior Jesus Christ. My third would be my dad just to tell me how he was able to push through this life.