- Name: Ryan King
- Position: DE/DT
- College: University of St. Francis (IL)
- Height: 6’1
- Weight: 275
- Twitter: @cailloufrmda815
- Instagram: @cailloufrmda815
What makes you a top prospect at your position in the 2023 NFL Draft?
- I can be put anywhere on the defensive line. I was always told special teams is the quickest way to make the bus. Started at LS and played the shield as well. I’m coachable and consider myself a film junky watching hours worth of film each week.
At what age were you first interested in the sport of football?
- I would say at the age of 6, I’ve played 3-4 sports my whole life. But football grew on me more knowing that I am able to let go of my aggression and not get in trouble doing it.
What is one thing that NFL teams should know about you?
- My work ethic is unmatched, spark plug, and I’m a natural born leader.
If you could donate to one cause in the world, what would it be?
- I would donate to World Central Kitchen, because they provide meals to people who have/are going through humanitarian, climate, and community crisis.
What is the best advice you have ever received?
- Say what you mean, and mean what you say.
Who was your childhood hero?
- My dad
Who is the most underrated teammate in your locker room at your school?
- Daniel Goetch and Michael Whitney, I couldn’t just pick one. These two played a huge role in our success this year and are going to put the MSFA on notice this upcoming season.
What is your biggest pet peeve?
- People chewing food with their mouth open.
Overcoming adversity is what defines character, what was the hardest moment in your life to overcome?
- Losing my uncle a month before the season started. He was my best friend, and someone I could always count on. I didn’t want to play after losing him, but I remembered the conversations we had and that led me to become a first team all conference selection in the MSFA and 4.0gpa.
Tell me something about your school and why it is so special to you?
- My school is a place where you get to see people from different backgrounds and situations. It’s a small environment and it allows you to form relationships with many people on campus, and in life that is an important skill to have moving forward. My school is special to me because I was born and raised in Joliet, IL so being able to attend a school in my hometown allows me to give back to my community that helped morph me into the man I am today is important to me.
What is your favorite snack food?
- Doritos DinaMita Hot Chips
What is the best part of football?
- Being able to be violent and not worry about repercussions.
If you could sell yourself in one sentence what would you say?
- Willing to learn new things, and do whatever it takes to help the team.
If you could compare your play to one player in the NFL who would it be?
- Chris Jones, I am disruptive and can play both inside and outside.
If you could have dinner with three people dead or alive, who would it be and why?
- The first person I would choose is my uncle because he is no longer with us. Following that, the second person I would choose is C.T. Fletcher because I would like to get more knowledge about getting bigger and what he used as motivation to get to where he is at now. Lastly, the third person I would choose is Cameron Heyward because he is my favorite defensive lineman and I would look for advice on how to improve my game.