- Name: Hayden Evans
- Position: Offensive Line
- College: SAGU
- Height: 6’2
- Weight: 290
- Twitter: Mhevans34
- Instagram: Mhevans34
What makes you a top prospect at your position in the 2022 NFL Draft?
- I believe I am a top offensive lineman due to my versatility. I have played every position from Left tackle to Right tackle and can snap. I’ve never been the biggest or strongest so I’ve had to use my athleticism to my advantage.
At what age were you first interested in the sport of football?
- When I was 8 years old my dad introduced me to the game and signed me up for little league football. Ever since that day I fell in love with the process and wanted to always reach my best potential.
What is one thing that NFL teams should know about you?
- One thing about me is I have instilled grit into my life. Having grit separates you from everyone else when times get tough and hardships arise. Having that trait has helped me overcome what I can control and come out of it with a greater perspective.
If you could donate to one cause in the world, what would it be?
- The main thing that really resonates with me is M.A.D.D. Having lost a loved one personally due to a driver who was under the influence has impacted my life dramatically and if I can help in anyway to prevent someone else from going through the same trials I would do anything I could.
What is the best advice you have ever received?
- Control what you can control and let all of the other things work themselves out.
Who was your childhood hero?
- My dad has been my hero my entire life. He has shown me what it takes to be successful in life and how you should approach each day to have a meaningful life.
Who is the most underrated teammate in your locker room at your school?
- Keaton Dudik, he has shown everyone why he is one of the best running backs in college football. His work ethic stands apart from many and he comes to work everyday to get better and it has shown on the field.
What is your biggest pet peeve?
- The biggest thing for me that tends to get to me is when someone insists you do something, but wouldn’t want to do it themselves.
Overcoming adversity is what defines character, what was the hardest moment in your life to overcome?
- For me, I was told that I would never be able to continue my football career in college due to some academic issues I brought on to myself. With determination and hard work I was able to take and pass 20 credit hours in the summer to gain eligibility and have the opportunity to keep playing the game I loved.
Tell me something about your school and why it is so special to you?
- SAGU has meant a lot to me. It is special because it is rooted in Christian faith and the entire faculty has one goal, your development. Both academically and spiritually. I have transferred quite a bit in my collegiate career from the FCS level to NAIA where I finished my career. Nothing has come close to the personal connections that I’ve made there.
What is your favorite snack food?
- Chocolate chip cookies.
What is the best part of football?
- Football is the ultimate team sport so for me having that camaraderie is what brings you together to want to have the same success and goals.
If you could sell yourself in one sentence what would you say?
- I will work harder than anyone else and fully commit myself to the team and doing whatever I can to help the team have success. I want to continually learn and grow as a player on and off the field and if given the opportunity I will make that team be glad they gave me a chance.
If you could compare your play to one player in the NFL who would it be?
- Jason Kelce. The way he plays the game is what I have tried to mimic with being athletic and strong. Using leverage to your advantage.
If you could have dinner with three people dead or alive, who would it be and why?
- Tom Brady, Kobe Bryant, and Matthew McConaughey. The first two are some of the greatest competitors of all time and the last is someone who has built his success from hard work and making the most of any opportunities given to him.