- Name: Zach Larkin
- Position: TE
- College: Indiana State University
- Height: 6’5″
- Weight: 245 lbs
- Twitter: @TE_Larkin
- Instagram: @Zachlarkin18
What sets you apart from other tight ends?
- I was originally a quarterback coming out of high school and my first year of college so I think knowing and learning football from a different position than tight end gives me a unique view on how to play the position.
What made you decide you wanted to be a football player?
- I have always loved playing football since I was a little kid. Whether it was in the backyard or when I started in 2nd grade I couldn’t get enough of it. I was also a competitive kid growing up and couldn’t stay away from sports and football was a great outlet for that competitiveness.
If you could hang out with any football player past or present for a day who and why?
- I would have to say, Peyton Manning. He was my idol when I was growing up and his immense knowledge of the game I think goes beyond just the position of quarterback.
What are your favorite moments from your football life?
- When I got on the “You got mossed” segment on Monday Night football would have to be up there. But the walk off field goal against Western Illinois in 2018 was the most fun and most memorable.
How are you planning to prepare for the draft?
- I am currently training at Black Sheep Performance in Cincinnati with Patrick Coyne and will continue to train there throughout. I will also be attending the College Gridiron Showcase on January 8th.
What should we know about Zach Larkin the person?
- I am very family-oriented and love being around my family. Also love to play any type of game whether that’s cards, video games, or board games.
What type of energy do you have on the football field?
- For the most part, I would say I have calm energy about me on the field. I just try and focus on what I have to do to get my job done each play. I try to keep others level and focus on the goal at hand.
How do you handle challenges both in life and on the football field?
- I have a great support system around me that helps me with anything I need so that is a big help. I never have to face problems alone. I just try and keep a positive mindset on everything and fight through any adversity. There are challenges in everything in life but if you don’t quit and don’t let those challenges stop you, then you can’t lose.
What are you looking to achieve as a football player going forward?
- Every kid dreams of winning a super bowl and that is the ultimate goal for any player, but I just want to reach my max potential. I’ve only been playing tight end for 4 years and I think I have a lot more in me and a lot more to learn.
What would a team get in a player like you?
- An intelligent hard working player that isn’t afraid to do the dirty work.
What do you think are the keys to success on the football field?
- I think being prepared is the biggest thing to success. If you know where you’re supposed to be when you’re supposed to be there that’s half the battle. The rest is just the will and the want to. Everybody at this level is athletic and has talent, it’s the little things that separate.
What is your favorite route and why?
- I would say my favorite route is the 10 yard basic. I like being able to go over the middle of the field and find the gaps in zone or beat my man 1 on 1 and make a contested catch.