- Name: Vincent Vinnie McDonald
- Position: Wide Receiver
- College: Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (RPI)
- Height: 6’4
- Weight: 215
- Twitter: vmac_2
- Instagram: vmac.2
What makes you a top prospect at your position in the 2022 NFL Draft?
- I have traits that you cannot coach; Height, weight and size at my position. I am able to move in and out my breaks to create separation against any defender. Too quick for Linebackers, Too big from DBs. I have traits and talent that cannot be found in any college divisions.
At what age were you first interested in the sport of football?
- 14 years old
What is one thing that NFL teams should know about you?
- I am humble and hungry. I come to work and take the things i do very seriously. I can fit into any culture and be a great team leader. I always find a way to work on something to get better, on and off the field. Also, I was able to lead my team after coming off a 6-5 year, not having any type of organized team activities for over 600+ days due to COVID; to having a 11-2 season and making it to the Elite 8 in the NCAA playoffs. We had to shovel off ice from our schools fields in order for 20 of us to get together to do some time of work without the coaches there to direct us, and hold virtual meetings to go over film and the playbook.
If you could donate to one cause in the world, what would it be?
- Mental Health that athletes face in both men and women sports.
What is the best advice you have ever received?
- Little things to a giant, Focus on the process not the product and let God take care of the rest.
Who was your childhood hero?
- My cousin, De’Sean Woods
Who is the most underrated teammate in your locker room at your school?
- Kenneth Schrader
What is your biggest pet peeve?
- Those who make excuses, when they didn’t try as best as they could.
Overcoming adversity is what defines character, what was the hardest moment in your life to overcome?
- Having to find my way with both my parents absent and take care of my three younger siblings.
Tell me something about your school and why it is so special to you?
- Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, RPI, is known as the top academic school in country. However, the people that come here to play, they are all bought in to the athletic program. They put more time into this more than the academic side. I have also created friendships and joined a brotherhood that will last me forever.
What is your favorite snack food?
- Cinnamon Rolls
What is the best part of football?
- When the grind after hours and past dark pay off when competing and winning games.
If you could sell yourself in one sentence what would you say?
- I am an ambitious and passionate leader able to thrive under any circumstance.
If you could compare your play to one player in the NFL who would it be?
- DK Metcalf
If you could have dinner with three people dead or alive, who would it be and why?
- Nipsey Hussle, probably one of the most influential artist during his time and is in my top 3 favorite of all time.
- Grandfather, tell him thank you one last time and for everything he has done for me.
- Robert F Smith, ask my good brother how he was able to do what he did. Also, ask him what is the future going to hold and what to invest in.