- Name: Steven Hodges Jr.
- Position: WR
- College: Tuskegee University
- Height: 5’11
- Weight: 185
- Twitter: Its_SteveJo
- Instagram: stevejo_
What makes you a top prospect at your position in the 2022 NFL Draft?
- What makes me a top prospect for the NFL is that I check off all boxes of what you’re looking for in a player and I just have this gift inside me from God that separates me from most guys. I’m a natural born leader, accountable, hardworking, consistent, and passionate about the game of football. It’s not too many people who sacrifice more & out work me to be the best version of themselves. And I effect the game in all phases from offense, blocking on offense, & being on every special teams!
At what age were you first interested in the sport of football?
- My first year playing football was when I was 5 but i didn’t really get into it until I was 6!
What is one thing that NFL teams should know about you?
- Honestly I don’t think one thing can define me, but I would say that I’m the player you can trust when the game is on the line no matter what my role is, I’m going to be where i need to be when they need me to be there, plus more.
If you could donate to one cause in the world, what would it be?
- If I could donate to any charity in the world, it would be any children’s charity cause i feel like as years progress they are lacking and our youth is important and just to have the necessary knowledge, tools & resources a lot of us didn’t have!
What is the best advice you have ever received?
- The best advice I’ve received is, “Stay ready, so you don’t have to get ready” and that was from my dad.
Who was your childhood hero?
- All the women in my family. Seeing them wake up everyday, working multiple Jobs to provide & keep the family taken care of!
Who is the most underrated teammate in your locker room at your school?
- The most underrated teammate in our locker room I feel is Rorrick Steward! Hard worker, if put in the right position & given a fair opportunity he’s going to be great.
What is your biggest pet peeve?
- One of my biggest pet peeve’s is Someone saying they “can’t” do something. “We can do ALL things through Christ, who strengthens us”
Overcoming adversity is what defines character, what was the hardest moment in your life to overcome?
- The hardest moment I had to overcome probably would be in high school where I could’ve died from having a hole in my stomach and missing my first and last playoff game. And possibly more scholarship opportunities and I only had one offer coming out of high school.
Tell me something about your school and why it is so special to you?
- The great Tuskegee University, the culture there is like no where else! The school had to grow on me but the people I’ve met the life long friends I ran into is the most special part for me.
What is your favorite snack food?
What is the best part of football?
- For me the best part of football is the preparation, working hard all spring and summer and seeing your results pay off in the fall and just being under the lights it’s a different feeling!
If you could sell yourself in one sentence what would you say?
If you could compare your play to one player in the NFL who would it be?
- Ja’marr Chase
If you could have dinner with three people dead or alive, who would it be and why?
- I don’t have three people but, If i could have dinner with anybody it would be Coach Perkins, he lost his life this year to COVID but just to hear him joke and just talk about life and receive the knowledge he gives out.