Name: Rogerick Kirby II
College: Southeastern Oklahoma State University
What makes you a top prospect at your position in the 2022 NFL Draft?
- Will make me a top prospect would be my commitment and ability to stop the run. my knowledge of the game, my effort, my drive and passion to exceed at all levels of play.
At what age were you first interested in the sport of football?
- Football has been a part of my life since a newborn. I was born at over 10 lb, so I like to think a set of shoulder pads and a helmet was in the delivery room waiting on me. My parents had lot to do with bringing me up in football as well especially with my dad coaching me from the age of 6.
What is one thing that NFL teams should know about you?
- I work hard ineverything that I do, on and off the field. I take pride in doing what is right at all times.
If you could donate to one cause in the world, what would it be?
- I want to donate to the homeless. Giving people a way of shelter and food is something that I would love to do. It saddens my heart to see others struggle and be without, because I know what it’s like.
What is the best advice you have ever received?
- The best advice that I’ve ever received would be straight from the Bible which is my favorite scripture. Matthew 6:33- seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you.
Who was your childhood hero?
- My childhood hero would definitely be The Incredible Hulk.
Who is the most underrated teammate in your locker room at your school?
- The most underrated teammate in my locker room would definitely be my guy King he’s going to be one of the top guys at Southeastern one day.
What is your biggest pet peeve?
- My biggest pet peeves is when people litter. Or leave trash for someone else to pick up.
Overcoming adversity is what defines character, what was the hardest moment in your life to overcome?
- At the age of 7 I had a tragic accident happened to me and I was told that I wouldn’t be able to walk again. I went to physical therapy every day walking had to learn how to walk again in the process wasn’t easy and the only reason I made it is because of God.
Tell me something about your school and why it is so special to you?
- As a transfer looking for a place to go and having other opportunities set for me, Southeastern has been home since my first visit. What makes Southeastern so special will definitely be Mrs. Cherrie Wilmoth she has many titles for the university, ever since my first visit she has been there for me. I’ve achieved my bachelors my masters and now going on my third degree for a second Master’s. Long story short Southeastern is home.
What is your favorite snack food?
- My favorite snack food would be Cheetos.
What is the best part of football?
- The best part of football is that it’s not just a sport it teaches character, and discipline.
If you could sell yourself in one sentence what would you say?
- Effort, passion, drive, character, now let’s get started.
If you could compare your play to one player in the NFL who would it be?
- If I could compare myself to anyone in the league, I would definitely compare myself to Warren Sapp, or Reggie White. We compare in build and the way he plays it’s something I try to reach.
If you could have dinner with three people dead or alive, who would it be and why?
- I definitely would say a dinner with Jesus, secondly I would say Martin Luther King, and lastly Dr. Sebi.