- Name: Rafiq Abdul-Wahid
- Position: DT
- College: Chowan University
- Height: 6’2
- Weight: 268
- Twitter: Rafiqaw96
- Instagram: Rafiqaw96
What makes you a top prospect at your position in the 2022 NFL Draft?
- I’m smart fast and physical with love and respect for the game, I’ve yet to play my best ball
At what age were you first interested in the sport of football?
- When I was six years old
What is one thing that NFL teams should know about you?
- I don’t care where I play I just wanna contribute to winning football.
If you could donate to one cause in the world, what would it be?
- I’d donate to get the homeless off of the street and into housing units.
What is the best advice you have ever received?
- Focus on growth and not results.
Who was your childhood hero?
- My older brother. He really had a lot of influence on me growing up.
Who is the most underrated teammate in your locker room at your school?
- Isaac Anderson
What is your biggest pet peeve?
- People who do not clean up after their pets.
Overcoming adversity is what defines character, what was the hardest moment in your life to overcome?
- Had a crazy house fire that left me and my family with nothing. This taught me that material objects mean nothing and that family is everything
Tell me something about your school and why it is so special to you?
- Everything in town closes around 10 so your experience is what you make it. It isn’t the school that makes it special it’s the relationships developed.
What is your favorite snack food?
- Ruffles Chips
What is the best part of football?
- Battling for 5 hrs then celebrating when it’s finished.
If you could sell yourself in one sentence what would you say?
- I’m ready to work.
If you could compare your play to one player in the NFL who would it be?
- Kahlil Mack
If you could have dinner with three people dead or alive, who would it be and why?
- Aaron Donald, Michael Jackson and Curtis Jackson. I think they have a lot of wisdom that could be shared and I’d be there in form of a sponge soaking up info.
Follow Us on Facebook