- Name: Ty Snelson
- Position: TE/FB/H-back
- College: Mars Hill University
- Height: 6’2
- Weight: 245 lbs
- Twitter: SnelsonTy44
- Instagram: therealsnelson
What makes you a top prospect at your position in the 2022 NFL Draft?
- I have elite speed for someone my size and the mental capacity to learn, run, and execute a playbook.
At what age were you first interested in the sport of football?
- I was first interested in the sport of football when I was 3 or 4 years old.
What is one thing that NFL teams should know about you?
- I have an internal desire to be great at everything I do.
If you could donate to one cause in the world, what would it be?
- If I could donate to one cause in the world, it would be towards finding a cure for cancer.
What is the best advice you have ever received?
- Someone once told me that, if you have the ability and the talent to succeed, but you do not work hard, you are disrespecting yourself as well as those who believe in you.
Who was your childhood hero?
- My childhood hero was Michael Jordan, his work ethic, determination, and success came from his internal desire to be the best. I try to base my internal desire off of his actions.
Who is the most underrated teammate in your locker room at your school?
- Landon Honeycutt, plays inside and outside linebacker at Mars Hill University.
What is your biggest pet peeve?
- Lack of self discipline.
Overcoming adversity is what defines character, what was the hardest moment in your life to overcome?
- The hardest thing that I have overcame in my lifetime was the passing of my aunt, one of the toughest things I have seen in my life was seeing her throughout her battle with cancer. I had never experienced life without her, this was something that was very tough to overcome and continue on with school and football.
Tell me something about your school and why it is so special to you?
- Mars Hill University is a small university in Western North Carolina, it is a very tight knit community. It is special to me because my grandmother is an alumni and both my aunt and my mother played basketball there.
What is your favorite snack food?
What is the best part of football?
- I would say the best part about football is the competition as well as the brotherhood shared between teammates.
If you could sell yourself in one sentence what would you say?
- I have the ability to be successful at multiple positions with elite speed and exceptional ball skills, I also have the mental capacity to internalize and learn an NFL playbook while playing as efficient in the box as I can in space.
If you could compare your play to one player in the NFL who would it be?
- I would compare my play to George Kittle, his speed, ball skills, and ability to play in the box as well as in space.
If you could have dinner with three people dead or alive, who would it be and why?
- If I could have dinner with any three people, I would chose to have dinner with my great grandfather Ervin Adams, my Aunt Robin Wathen, and lastly I would like to have dinner with Lieutenant Michael Murphy. I never got to meet my great grandfather Ervin Adams, I would like to sit down and eat dinner with him to catch up, and learn about some of our family history. I would like to eat dinner with my aunt Robin one last time, our family used to gather at her house every weekend to eat dinner, I would love to talk with her one more time. Lastly, I would like to sit down and eat dinner with Lieutenant Mike Murphy, I would like to sit with him and talk about his self discipline, selfless leadership, and courageous actions during his time on earth.