Hello, I am @jrberendzen on Twitter and this is one of my free agent interviews where I ask very deserving free agents questions about the players themselves and about what a team would get in these players. All of these players should get picked up by NFL, CFL, and XFL teams. Check out this amazing interview with Shane and make sure you follow his journey on Social Media.
1.What sets you apart from other running backs?
- My versatility sets me apart from other running backs. I can run, catch out the backfield, line me in the slot, block, motion me around to create mismatches, and a kick and punt returner.
2.What is your typical training routine?
- 3-4 days a week. Mondays: Legs and in the afternoon acceleration and midsection core day Wed: Upper body and explosive lower movements with rotational/oblique core Friday: Full body and in the afternoon speed and stability core day Saturday: 3 min of 9 20 sec abs and light jog
3.If you could hang out with any football player past or present for a day who and why?
- LT for sure that was my favorite running back growing up and definitely got some of my running style from him.
4.What type of energy do you bring onto the football field?
- Not a big ra ra guy but, definitely will feel me when we step between the white lines.
5.What should we know about Shane Simpson the person?
- Shane Simpson outside of football likes to work out, is really goofy, spends time with family/friends, loves jewelry, sneakers, and traveling.
6.What made you decide you wanted to be a football player?
- Playing at the Underhill complex in New Jersey growing up and played catch with my dad on Wetmore Ave. As soon as I touched a football I knew what I wanted to do when I grew up
7.What are you looking forward to in the rest of your football career?
- A true opportunity and just play the game I love for as long as God allows me. I was supposed to head to Washington after this year’s draft but never ended up happening. I know the opportunity will come and when it does I will be ready!
8.What do you love about the game of football?
- The competition and the brotherhood.
9.Rank focus,footwork and skill. Based on what is most important to you as a football player and explain why?
- Focus, skill, footwork. Focus is #1 without that the other 2 are irrelevant. Skill is after because without it wouldn’t be playing the game at a high level. Then, footwork is where the magic happens after the first 2.
10.What would a team get in a player like you?
- A team would be getting a baller, a team player, versatile could use me in many ways RB, WR, KR, PR, and other special teams. A player that’s been thru adversity and can/will bounce back from any situation.
11.How do you handle challenges both in life and on the football field?
- First I would pray about the situation I’m in and then work my butt off to get out that situation I’m in.
12.What are your favorite moments from your football life?
- There are so many but, I would have to go with going to the University of Virginia and Towson University for free and getting first-team All American at 3 positions APB, RB, and KR.