- Name: Shane McInerney
- Position: Kicker
- College: Peru State
- Height: 6’4”
- Weight: 249 lbs
- Twitter: McinerneyShane
- Instagram: shanemcinerney_
What makes you a top prospect at your position in the 2023 NFL Draft?
- My consistency and accuracy as a kicker.
At what age were you first interested in the sport of football?
- I’ve always had an interest in football however I spent the majority of my athletic career as a soccer player.
What is one thing that NFL teams should know about you?
- I have experience playing professional soccer all over the world which gives me the ability to overcome adversity and adapt quickly to new environments.
If you could donate to one cause in the world, what would it be?
- Pieta House in Ireland. An organization that helps prevent suicide and promotes mental health.
What is the best advice you have ever received?
- “Mentally have the game won in your head, before you go out on the field to play the game”
Who was your childhood hero?
- My uncle Gerry McInerney.
Who is the most underrated teammate in your locker room at your school?
- Jace Stewart
What is your biggest pet peeve?
- Negative people.
Overcoming adversity is what defines character, what was the hardest moment in your life to overcome?
- Living on my own for a year during the lockdown in a small town in Ireland, being unable to chase goals, and putting those goals on hold.
Tell me something about your school and why it is so special to you?
- We have a great bunch of lads who all believe that we can win.
What is your favorite snack food?
- A cup of Barry’s Irish tea with chocolate digestive biscuits and Garden Salsa Sun chips.
What is the best part of football?
- Everyone on the team chasing the same goal. Also, as a kicker having the responsibility and ability to change the course of the game from a kick.
If you could sell yourself in one sentence what would you say?
- I’m a very ambitious and self-driven person who will do whatever it takes to succeed.
If you could compare your play to one player in the NFL who would it be?
- Justin Tucker. He has a similar technique to the way I kick a ball.
If you could have dinner with three people dead or alive, who would it be and why?
- Conor McGregor – because of his mindset and how he went from struggling to becoming a multi-millionaire athlete.
- Tony Robbins – because I’ve seen him live, read his books and I’m also a huge believer in the law of attraction.
- Jim Carey – because of the belief he had in himself to achieve great things, even during times of struggle.