- Name: Jaxson Turner
- Position: Linebacker
- College: University of North Dakota
- Height: 6’2
- Weight: 229
- Twitter: @therealjteskomo
At what age were you first interested in the sport of football?
- My dad was a college coach my whole life, so ever since I could walk I’ve had a football in my hands.
What is one thing that NFL teams should know about you?
- I’ve been around the game my whole life. Not only do I believe I have the athletic ability to play in the NFL, but I have an understanding of the game that I don’t think a lot of guys have.
If you could donate to one cause in the world, what would it be?
- I would donate to Mental Health America.
What is the best advice you have ever received?
- Don’t wait for things to happen, make them happen.
Who was your childhood hero?
- My father was and still is my hero. He came from humble beginnings and has worked extremely hard to provide a wonderful life for our family.
Who is the most underrated teammate in your locker room at your school?
- Evan Holm. He’s undersized but the best corner I’ve ever played with. I never have to worry about his side of the field during a game.
What is your biggest pet peeve?
- I do not like when people blow their nose at the dinner table.
*Overcoming adversity is what defines character, what was the hardest moment in your life to overcome?
- I voiced my concern about an advertisement for season ticket sales at UND. An athlete in the promotion had used racial slurs and several of us reported it and we were hoping to make it an educational opportunity for the University. It turned into more than I had imagined. I had death threats and for a time I considered leaving UND but with the support of my coaches and teammates, I stayed and worked through it. It was an extremely hard time for my family.
Tell me something about your school and why it is so special to you?
- UND will forever be special to me because of my Defensive Coordinator and position coach Brett Holinka. He is the kind of coach that would do anything for his players and really wants to see us succeed. He played at UND and it really is special for him to coach at UND. He also has an unbelievable work ethic. He has instilled the love of the game and his work ethic in me. I love playing for him and learning from him.
What is your favorite snack food?
- I really like Fruit Roll-Ups.
What is the best part of football?
- I enjoy watching film and visualizing plays, then having them happen in the game like you imagined.
If you could sell yourself in one sentence what would you say?
- I’m the type of person that will ask questions if I am unsure how to do something. I will use every resource available to me to get it done.
If you could compare your play to one player in the NFL who would it be?
- Jerome Baker. We are similar in size and he can play multiple positions.
If you could have dinner with three people dead or alive, who would it be and why?
- Denzel Washington, Jim Brown, and Mike Tyson. I think they were major influences on their respected professions. I would just like to listen to their stories and ask questions about their individual rise and motivation to be great.