- Name: Gavin Garner
- Position: WR
- College: Northwestern Oklahoma State University
- Height: 6’4″
- Weight: 220 lbs
- Twitter: @_Gavin_Garner_
- Instagram: @_king_gav
1.If you could hang out with any football player past or present for a day who and why?
- Calvin Johnson. He is my favorite player, and I would ask him many questions about his craft to better mine. And how he handled everything that came with being in the NFL.
2.What sets you apart from other wide receivers?
- One thing that sets me apart is my ball tracking ability. When the balls are in the air, I’m getting it or no one is getting it.
3.What should we know about Gavin Garner the person?
- I’m a very hard worker, very honest, and like to enjoy life at 110% and encourage people to do the same.
4.What type of energy do you bring onto the football field?
- I’m not really a hype guy, but I like to have fun as much as I can in football. But when it’s down to the wire, it’s serious and I want the ball.
5.How do you handle challenges both in life and on the football field?
- I attack challenges with a positive mindset because negativity only makes things worse. Understand the problem and the possible reasoning behind it and come up with multiple solutions.
6.What are your favorite things about playing football for NWOSU?
- My favorite things are the community of Alva, Oklahoma. The players and people I’ve met. And the dedicated coaching staff I’ve had.
7.What are your favorite moments from your football life?
- My favorite moments are the workouts with my teammates, and the fun team events we’ve done.
8.What is your favorite route and why?
- My favorite route to run is a fade route. With my size and speed, just throw the ball in that area and I’ll get it.
9.What do you love about the game of football?
- I love the physicality of the sport. It’s just naturally fun.
10.What would a team get in a player like you?
- They will get a very hard worker, a guy who does what he’s told and completes whatever challenges are given. An ambitious person that wants to be the top player in his position and do whatever he can to get his team to the top.
11.What is your typical training routine?
- Big fan of lifting weights and improving my craft. Usually, train 6 days out of the week. That includes primarily explosive movements and reaction training. I’m always improving my routes and other technical skills.
12.What made you decide you wanted to be a football player?
- I just loved the sport as a kid, running around hitting people, getting hit. Then seeing these big, monstrous people on TV making spectacular plays. Made me dream of being in that position.