- Name: Undraez Lilly
- Position: OLB
- College: University of West Alabama
- Height: 6’1″
- Weight:245 lbs
- Twitter: @UndraezL
- Instagram: @undraez_lilly
1.What sets you apart from other edge rushers?
- The relentless drive that I should get to the QB every play and my best attribute in my opinion is my speed of the edge.
2.What made you decide you wanted to be a football player?
- I didn’t start playing football until when I was in 10th grade because I thought I was a basketball player until my then-head football coach Andrew Zow told me I had a chance in football if I worked hard.
3.What are your favorite things about playing football for West Alabama?
- Even though it’s not the biggest school it has a proven track record of sending players to the NFL or CFL that ranks with some of the top FCS AND FBS schools.
4.What should we know about Undraez Lilly the person?
- I’m a person that’s always trying to find ways to get better I feel I’m a fast learner as well in my college career I’ve started games at every position on the defensive line and came out of high school playing middle linebacker. I feel like my versatility being able to play multiple positions in the front 7 can be very valuable.
5.What type of energy do you bring onto the football field?
- I’ve recently been voted team captain by my peers so I feel I bring a leadership type of energy and they know I got there backs and vice versa.
6.What does it mean to you to be a captain of West Alabama?
- It means a lot to me knowing that my peers look at me as a captain and a person that comes out every day to get my job done and try my best to do things the right way.
7.What is a moment that improved you as a football player?
- The COVID year was big for me because after the 2019 season I made the move from a defensive tackle and shredded 40 pounds to play weak-side defensive end so that extra redshirt year helped me tremendously with my development.
8.What is your typical training routine?
- My emphasis this off-season was learning how to play at a high level while tired so I would do tempo runs for 20 minutes before every on-field training session to get myself tired before I go through my typical defensive line fieldwork to show myself that being tired is all in my head.
9.If you could hang out with any football player past or present for a day who and why?
- Von Miller is somebody I pattern my game after he is a relentless edge rusher with every move in his tool bag and he also has excellent bend and footwork.
10.What would a team get in a player like you?
- They would get a guy that leads by example and always looking to learn new ways to upgrade my game and lastly a guy that can play multiple positions in the front 7 at a high level if needed. Also, I’m still young in the game of football like I told you I started in the 10th grade I feel like I haven’t even reached my full potential as a player yet and that’s exciting to me.
11.How do you handle challenges both in life and in football?
- That’s something I think I’ve grown with the most since I’ve been in college I think I handle challenges in a positive manner now because I realized that there’s a positive lesson learned through each challenge and not to let anything break me.
12.What do you love about the game of football?
- I just love the mental and physical determination you have to have playing this sport.