- Name: Lionell McConnell
- Position: WR
- College: Colorado Mesa University
- Height: 6’0″
- Weight:195 lbs
- Twitter: @LJ2LIVE__
- Instagram: @lj2live____
1.What made you decide you wanted to be a football player?
- My big cousin John Conner he went to Kentucky and played running back and got drafted to the New York Jets and he was a role model and I liked and loved everything about his life and it made me want to be like that. And then my dad he taught me to never and you got to try to be good at it.
2.What sets you apart from other wide receivers?
- I think the main thing that sets me apart is the dog in me too get better and play faster and the heart to do better and play better and my work ethic.
3.What is your typical training routine?
- Whatever I do I try to get bigger, faster and stronger.
4.What type of energy do you bring onto the football field?
- I’m a do whatever needs to be done energy guy and everyone sees that energy when I play whether that’s a big block or a spectacular catch and something like that or cheering my teammates on the sideline to get the defense going.
5.What are your favorite things about playing football for Colorado Mesa?
- The energy that we all have from the head coach and all the coaches and everyone wants to be successful and win.
6.If you could hang out with any football player past or present for a day who and why?
- Antonio Brown and Odell Beckham Jr, because in a way I see a lot of myself in them and like there passion and there game and work ethic.
7.What do you love about the game of football?
- What I love about the game of football is it teaches you real life lessons and the adrenaline you get from big catches.
8.What should we know about Lionell McConnell the person?
- That I am myself, I am a creative person and it’s not all about football, I just love doing all different types of things.
9.What are you looking forward to in the rest of your season?
- Win the next 3 games, RMAC Championship and hopefully make it into the championship.
10.What would a team get in the player like you?
- Someone who is hardworking, do whatever to win, bring energy, great high effort everyday and a player willing to do whatever needs to be done.
11.What are your favorite moments from your football life?
- Beating Baylor my freshman year at Liberty on national television, beating the number 3 ranked team in division 2 Colorado Mines and that moment when I was learning to hit as a kid where I learned not to quit and never give up.
12.How do you handle challenges both in life and on the football field?
- I just look up to God when battling adversity.