NFL Draft Diamonds recently teamed up with the Hula Bowl as their scouting staff. We are excited to bring you a list of 10 prospects that shined in week 8 of College football. Make sure you check out the article and give the Hula Bowl a follow on Twitter.
1.) Malik Williams, WR, Appalachian State – The 5’10 burner from Chester, South Carolina had a career game this past week against Coastal Carolina and the Chanticleers. He finished with 10 receptions for 206 yards and 1 touchdown. Averaging 20.6 yards per reception helping the Mountaineers beat the Chants was a huge win. Williams looked great and really found a way to exploit the opposing defense.
2.) Cole Kelley, QB, Southeastern Louisiana – The 6’7 former Arkansas gunslinger had a great performance against Northwestern State. Kelley threw the ball 32 times completing 21 of his passes for 347 yards. He finished the game with three touchdown passes, and one rushing touchdown. Kelley averaged 5.6 yards on the ground and led all runners with 67 yards on 12 carries. He is a big kid with decent athleticism.
3. Terrell Bynum, WR, Washington – The big play receiver for the Huskies had a great game. He finished the game with 143 yards receiving and 1 touchdown on just 5 receptions. Bynum has NFL size at 6’1 and is averaging 17.1 yards per reception this year. He has 427 yards and 4 touchdowns already this year.
4. Isaiah Chambers, EDGE, McNeese State – The former Houston transfer defensive end racked up 4 sacks this past week. He has 6.5 sacks in the past four games. His stock is skyrocketing right now. He is going to be a great player at the next level. NFL teams are talking.
5. Jahad Woods, LB, Washington State – The 6’1, 225 pound linebacker from San Diego, California had a super game this past week. He racked up 16 total tackles. He has been all over the field this year for WSU. I like his game, he takes great angles and is not afraid to lay wood.
6. Qwynnterrio Cole, S, Louisville – Qwynnterrio was one of the best small school football players in the country before transferring to Louisville. Cole can add so much value to an NFL team. He finished the game with 8 total tackles this past week, but he was all over the field. He is one of my favorite sleepers in the draft.
7. Sterling Weatherford, OLB, Miami (OH) – Weatherford has been playing lights out for years now. The 6’4 linebacker has great range and showed it this week. He finished the game with 5 tackles, 1 interception and 1 sack. He reminds me a lot of Matt Milano of the Buffalo Bills.
8. Thomas Odukoya, TE, Eastern Michigan – I am going to give this kid a shoutout because he is used primarily as a blocking tight end in every game. This week he was given a shot to catch the ball and he finished the game with 4 receptions for 37 yards and nice touchdown grab. They rewarded the blocking tight end, and it was nice to see.
9. Clarence Hicks, LB, UTSA – The UTSA football team is dominating college football right now and that is because their defensive front is playing out of their minds. Clarence Hicks the Florida native is having a huge impact this year. He added 2.5 more sacks this week. He is quickly making scouts pay attention.
10. Xavier Hutchinson, WR, Iowa State – The big time playmaker continues to have a huge season. He finished the game this weekend with 125 yards and 2 touchdowns with 12 receptions. His stock is soaring right now and he is the favorite target of Brock Purdy. He is a solid playmaker.