- Name: Jaleel Mclaughlin
- Position: Running Back
- College: Youngstown State University
- Height: 5’9
- Weight: 185
- Twitter: Speedkills2k_
- Instagram: Shifty.leel
What makes you a top Prospect in the 2022 NFL Draft?
- My commitment to the sport.
At what age were you first interested in football?
- My mom put me in football at age 5. I started off playing flag football immediately became interested.
What is one thing NFL teams should know about you?
- I truly love the game of football and love to compete!
If you could donate to one cause in the world, what cause would it be?
- I would donate to the Brain Tumor charity. My cousin Lavelle Sloan died of a brain tumor. He inspired me to play football and was my role model so I would donate to a Brain tumor charity.
What is the best advice you ever received?
- The best advice I’ve ever received is from my mom. She always told me to give my 100% on everything that I do. No matter what I was doing, my mom just wanted me to give my 100%.
Who was your childhood hero?
- My childhood hero was my cousin Lavelle Sloan. He was also a running back and he taught me so much when I was younger.
Who is the most underrated teammate in your locker room at your school?
- I don’t know about underrated but I feel that Samual St. Surin is one of the hardest workers I’ve been around. Day in and day out he comes to practice ready to compete and get better.
What is your biggest pet peeve?
- Losing is my biggest pet peeve. I don’t like to lose no matter the odds or the game.
Overcoming adversity is what defines character, what was the hardest moment in your life you had to overcome?
- Trying to get a better understanding of why my cousin ( Lavelle Sloan)and my grandmother (Ida Sloan) was taking away from me was a very hard time for me. My grandmother was at every one of my games and I used to look at her every game and to see her not at anymore games was very hard to overcome.
Tell me something about your school and why it is so special to you?
- Youngstown State University is very special to me. It’s a big family here and I am happy to be a part of it! Not only on the football field but in the classrooms and in the community also. YSU is a great place to be! I’m thankful for the coaches here and I thank them for taking a chance on me and allowing me to be a part of something very special here! This team is special!
What is your favorite snack food?
- Barbecue Pringle’s!
What is the best part of football?
- The best part of football to me is competing every single day. In football, it doesn’t matter what you’ve done yesterday, last week, or last year it’s about what you do today. You have to come to work every single day and that’s the best part of football to me.
If you could sell yourself in one sentence, what would it say?
- I just want to be the best version of myself and give it all I’ve got everyday.
If you could compare your play to one player in the NFL, who would it be?
- I don’t know about comparison but I really like the way Alvin Kamara plays. He’s a very patient, smart, and explosive running back.
If you could have dinner with three people, dead or alive, who would it be and why?
- Kobe Bryant, my grandmother, and my cousin Lavelle. I would want to talk to Kobe because I just want to learn some things about his mindset, how he attacked his days, and why. My grandma and cousin would be great to have dinner with also because they gave me so much knowledge before passing away and also I just miss them.