Hello, I am @jrberendzen on Twitter and this is one of my free agent interviews where I ask very deserving free agents questions about the players themselves and about what a team would get in these players. All of these players should get picked up by NFL, CFL, and XFL teams and get a shot at being career football players. So I hope you all read this interview about Ernest and follow his journey on social media!
1.What sets you apart from other quarterbacks?
- My work ethic, my drive to be great, and my winning attitude.
2. What type of energy do you bring onto the football field?
- The energy I bring to the field is a “no-nonsense ” mentality. I instill confidence in my teammates and teach them to hold accountability for their mistakes.
3. What are your favorite moments from your football life?
- My favorite moment in my football life is receiving scholarships from the big power 5 schools like Arkansas, Texas Tech, Memphis, Maryland, Virginia Tech, Baylor and Southern Miss just to name a few.
4. What should we know about Ernest Owens the person?
- I’m also a TV actor who appeared on national tv shows on BET. Also played professional basketball in Europe.
5. What do you hope to achieve as a football player going forward?
- Going forward I want to eventually win a world championship in the NFL. But if I fall short, I want to leave a legacy as one of the hardest working players you ever met.
6. What made you decide you wanted to be a football player?
- I grew up very competitive playing all 3 sports. Football, basketball, and baseball but football is a man’s sport and it requires physical and mental toughness.
7. What is your favorite pass to throw and why?
- My favorite pass to throw is the deep pass because I can show off my arm strength and accuracy which is my best asset.
8. What is your typical training routine?
- I do speed and plyometrics 4 days a week (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday ). I do weight training twice a week (Monday and Thursday). I let my body rest and recoup Wednesday and Saturday and Sunday.
9. How do you handle challenges both in life and on the football field?
- Most challenges I handle in life and in sports are by praying to God and asking for his protection and guidance at all times.
10. What would a team get in a player like you?
- A team would get a hard worker, a great leader, and someone who wants to carry a team to a championship.
11. What do you love about the game of football?
- I love competing, and I love training, and I love the fans who come out out to the games rain or shine.
12. What are you still learning as a football player?
- I’m still learning how to be a better teammate and a better example for younger players.