- Name: Jared Aiken
- Position: Left Tackle
- College: Winston-Salem State University
- Height: 6’8
- Weight: 343
- Twitter: @JaredAikenNC
What makes you a top prospect at your position in the 2022 NFL Draft?
- My Mobility as a big man and my ability pass set giving up zero sacks in my previous season of football and also my competitiveness which is what drives me when I play.
At what age were you first interested in the sport of football?
- I was introduced to the game at 12 years out which is late compared to others players I know.
What is one thing that NFL teams should know about you?
- My goal is always to ultimately get better and out work my opponent.
If you could donate to one cause in the world, what would it be?
- Habitat for humanity due to the impact I’ve seen them make in communities.
What is the best advice you have ever received?
- Success happens when preparation and opportunity meet.
Who was your childhood hero?
- My mother, took care of me and my 3 other brothers by herself when my father passed away. It wasn’t easy for her but she always made sure we were taken care of that’s the only childhood hero I ever knew.
Who is the most underrated teammate in your locker room at your school?
- FB/TE Reggie Caldwell
What is your biggest pet peeve?
- Having my intelligence insulted
Overcoming adversity is what defines character, what was the hardest moment in your life to overcome?
- When my transcripts got held and I was home working two jobs to pay it off. the hardest part was the mental aspect not being able to play the game I love had a major impact on my mood I couldn’t find happiness.
Tell me something about your school and why it is so special to you?
- Winston Salem state is a very welcoming environment, their staff will do everything in their power to help students progress towards their degrees it’s so special because they actually mean what they say why it comes to helping students succeed.
What is your favorite snack food?
- Welch’s fruit snacks
What is the best part of football?
- Beating your opponent repeatedly after they trash talk
If you could compare your play to one player in the NFL who would it be?
- Ronnie Stanley