- Name: Delonte Hood
- Position: Defensive Back
- College: Peru State
- Height: 6’1
- Weight: 190
- Twitter: @delontehood
- Instagram: @delontehood
What makes you a top prospect at your position in the 2022 NFL Draft?
- I’m good at press-man coverage and zone coverage equally can also play off man in key situations. What stands out to most people are my bawl hawking abilities I’m more of a ball hawk in zone coverage with the luxury of being able to see QB and knowing where my help is. In man coverage, I have mostly created turnovers in downfield coverage and more so deflections in the mid and short route areas. My main goal in coverage is to make a play on the ball at all times as a DB. As far as tackling I love to keep my outside leverage depending on what side of the field I’m on more of a conservative tackler but have made explosive tackles right after the catch on short routes.
At what age were you first interested in the sport of football?
- I was first interested in the game of football at the age of 6. And continued my progression in the game from there.
What is one thing that NFL teams should know about you?
- One thing NFL teams should know is that I’m always looking to make a play. No matter how it is done.
If you could donate to one cause in the world, what would it be?
- If I could donate one cause in the world it would be to the homeless. I was homeless basically all my life.
What is the best advice you have ever received?
- The best advice I ever received was stay consistent and patient.
Who was your childhood hero?
- My childhood hero was Sean Taylor. His storyline and what he did on the field allowed me to want to be the playmaker I am today.
Who is the most underrated teammate in your locker room at your school?
- Carlos Thomas
What is your biggest pet peeve?
- Being told I can’t do something that’s possible in a good way.
Overcoming adversity is what defines character, what was the hardest moment in your life to overcome?
- The hardest moment I had to overcome was being homeless throughout my life, with my mom, even when I was on my own, where I had to sleep. Just all of that while still committing to football and having to go to school with the same clothes. So that was my greatest battle. And still is. Another moment was coming to Peru after leaving to schools both different reasons, I left Glenville state college after an All American season for D1 dreams, left The University of Toledo because of playing time wanting to show my abilities for scouts and the Defensive Back coach didn’t like my playing style he mentioned So I went back to Glenville but eligibility rules hurt me and I couldn’t play there this upcoming 2021 season. So then my head coaches at Glenville helped me get to Peru for a playing chance and yes I’m playing for Peru state college in the 2021 season.
Tell me something about your school and why it is so special to you?
- Well, I just got to this school I’m currently at due to NCAA rules. But can already tell that it can be special by the coaches we have and the team chemistry going on.
What is your favorite snack food?
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches
What is the best part of football?
- The best part of football is making a play you envisioned making.
If you could sell yourself in one sentence what would you say?
- I will find a way to win.
If you could compare your play to one player in the NFL who would it be?
- Xavien Howard
If you could have dinner with three people dead or alive, who would it be and why?
- My grandad (dead) first because he knew I would be here in this position. My real dad (alive) because I never met him. And Jalen Ramsey just to pick his brain as a Defensive back.