- Name: Austin Goffney
- Position: DB
- College: Lamar University
- Height: 6’0″
- Weight: 203 lbs
- Twitter: @AAGoffney
- Instagram: @agoffney
1.What sets you apart from other defensive backs?
- I’d say probably my ball skills and physicality. I would also say I’m a very instinctual player.
2. How do you prepare for games?
- I prepare for games by talking to my dad and brother. I will also listen to music while I watch some film on my opponent.
3. If you could hang out with any football player past or present for a day who and why?
- If I could hang with any football player it would have to be Tyrann Mathieu or Jamal Adams. I feel like those guys have a lot of fun on the field and I could learn a lot from them as well.
4. What made you decide you wanted to be a football player?
- Honestly I’ve known since I was about 7 years old when I first started playing.
5. What should we know about Austin Goffney the person?
- I’m a Christian. I’m the hardest working person you will meet. I am competitive at every aspect of life. I am enjoy reading books by Jon Gordon. I am also very interested in commercial real estate as well.
6. What is your favorite coverage and why?
- My favorite coverage is probably cover 2. I say this because I have the ability to control a whole side of the field.
7. What type of energy do you bring onto the football field?
- I believe I bring different energy than most. I would say I’m not the biggest ra-ra guy on the field. I bring most of my energy through making plays for my teammates.
8. What are your favorite moments from your football life?
- My favorite moments are scoring two touchdowns in Reliant Stadium and also being able to still play this game at this level it’s a blessing !
9. What are you looking forward to in your upcoming season?
- I’m looking forward to just eliminating all the noise and proving to myself that I have what it takes.
10. What would a team get in a player like you?
- I believe a team would get a player who is willing to do anything for his teammates and coaches. A team would get a player who knows how to win and knows how to inspire others to as well.
11. What do you love about the game of football?
- I love the relationships and the physical grind of the game. I believe that there is no team sport like football. You truly have to be a close knit or your team will be worth nothing.
12. What is your favorite workout?
- My favorite workout is hill sprints. Back where I’m from there in Houston there is a huge hill all the athletes will go to and it’s very therapeutic.