- Name: Taylor Powell
- Position: LB
- College: Sacramento State
- Height: 6”1
- Weight: 230
- Twitter: 44taylor_Powell
- Instagram: Twotime_TP
What makes you a top prospect at your position in the 2022 NFL Draft?
- Instinct and speed to the ball while on the field.
At what age were you first interested in the sport of football?
- Six years old I started playing because I love the game I am had early success at the sport I love.
What is one thing that NFL teams should know about you?
- NFL team should know they’re getting a hard worker and a person that’s going to do whatever to make a difference on the team. Plus a true playmaker in all facets of the game.
If you could donate to one cause in the world, what would it be?
- If I could donate to one cause it would be too mental health because I know how hard that is nowadays and come in for in speaking about it but I think it is a major problem we have in sports.
What is the best advice you have ever received?
- Never get comfortable because that’s when things start working against you always stay dynamic and look for the next thing!
Who was your childhood hero?
- My childhood hero was Ray Lewis he was my favorite player inspired me.
Who is the most underrated teammate in your locker room at your school?
- The most underrated teammate would be Wyatt Heljim he comes to work hard every day with a good attitude.
What is your biggest pet peeve?
- Being late.
Overcoming adversity is what defines character, what was the hardest moment in your life to overcome?
- The hardest moment in my life I had overcome was losing the scholarship and high school due to bad grades I was committed to the University of Nevada Reno. Ended up going to Northern Arizona where I graduated from now I am from Sacramento State now getting my master’s this is a true testament to hard work because school has definitely not been my strong suit.
Tell me something about your school and why it is so special to you?
- I love Sacramento State because of the environment as a grad transfer it is very hard to come in and get comfortable but this program has made the transition very easy.
What is your favorite snack food?
- Beef jerky
What is the best part of football?
- The ability to connect people from different backgrounds on one team and one locker room is truly special to me.
If you could sell yourself in one sentence what would you say?
- Myself in one sentence I would have to say I am a resilient person who displays mental toughness at times of adversity and always looking for a challenge.
If you could compare your play to one player in the NFL who would it be?
- One player I think my style compares to in the NFL is Devin bush because we are both not the tallest linebackers but we play with great speed on the field
If you could have dinner with three people dead or alive, who would it be and why?
- Martin Luther King, Kobe Bryant, and Nipsey. I chose them just because of the amount of impact they had on our community and the Amount of knowledge that could be passed down from them.