- Name: Logan Bayus
- Position: DL (DE/DT)
- College: Colorado Mesa University
- Height: 6’1”
- Weight: 267
- Twitter: @BayusLogan
- Instagram: loganbayus84
What makes you a top prospect at your position in the 2022 NFL Draft?
- I play both Defensive End and Defensive Tackle. Whatever is needed, I am able to adapt and excel at to help my team. Being versatile in either position is huge towards game-plan and execution.
At what age were you first interested in the sport of football?
- I started playing when I was 10 but it wasn’t until I was about 12 when I really started to understand the game and enjoy it more.
What is one thing that NFL teams should know about you?
- My work ethic and dedication to be the best sets my personal standards extremely high. Demanding greatness from myself sets me apart from other players.
If you could donate to one cause in the world, what would it be?
- I will donate to some sort of mental health awareness, more specifically for college athletes. College isn’t easy and I’ve had many teammates struggle through life and feel like there wasn’t someone to talk to comfortably, resulting in leaving their sport or college all together.
What is the best advice you have ever received?
- There will be things in life that you won’t be able to control, so focus on yourself and the things you can control and the rest will work itself out.
Who was your childhood hero?
- My childhood hero’s would have to be my parents. My dad was always working hard to keep the food on our plates and a roof over our head while still making time to coach me and develop me into the player I am today. My mom for showing me the ropes in life and helping me understand how to be a better person as well as being my #1 fan unconditionally.
Who is the most underrated teammate in your locker room at your school?
- Liban Shongolo. A young safety who always comes up with the ball in practice. He has a great motor and is destined for great things.
What is your biggest pet peeve?
- When people think they are better than others and talk down to you before they even even get to know you.
Overcoming adversity is what defines character, what was the hardest moment in your life to overcome?
- One thing that comes to mind is when I first came out to Colorado as a freshman, I didn’t know anybody and had started over with new friendships. Coming from a big high school with a lot of friends, being one of the best on the team, to being at the bottom of the food chain again put me down bad. Wasn’t sure about college or even college football anymore until I sat down and realized that I was made for this. From there on it was history and I’ve been grinding ever since.
Tell me something about your school and why it is so special to you?
- Colorado Mesa University has a great campus/facilities and a great football program. Other schools usually have one or the other but at CMU, you get the best of both worlds.
What is your favorite snack food?
- Hands down, pizza rolls. Not bagel bites. Pizza rolls.
What is the best part of football?
- Building teammate relationships that grow into a brotherhood as well as the physical violence in the trenches.
If you could sell yourself in one sentence what would you say?
- I demand greatness from myself in all aspects of life, not just on the field.
If you could compare your play to one player in the NFL who would it be?
- Aaron Donald. I had many schools tell me I was undersized, but a few inches don’t matter when you’re relentless.
If you could have dinner with three people dead or alive, who would it be and why?
- Kevin Hart because the guy is hilarious, JJ Watt because not only is he a beast on the field but he does exceptionally well with giving back to the community and helping others during a crisis and the third one would be Joe Rogan to hear about his life story as well as other crazy stories he’s lived through.