- Name: Javaris Jackson
- Position: DL
- College: Clarke University
- Height: 6’0
- Weight: 290lbs
- Twitter: @JavarisJj
- Instagram: @j56j
1.What sets you apart from other defensive linemen?
What sets me apart from other defensive lineman is my leverage. Being undersized (6ft) I have an advantage of being lower then majority offensive lineman. So, adding my strength, get off and active hands with my leverage is what I think separates me. Along with being a team player!
2. What should people know about Javaris Jackson the person?
I’m a God fearing man. I love being able to help others more than myself. I’m humble and understanding that as success come, it can also be taken away. I’m big on having strong faith & also putting hard work & sacrifices behind it.
3. What made you decide you wanted to be a football player?
In 7th grade the coach kept telling me to come play football, but I didn’t really want to play. All of my friends was on the team and I was convinced. I fell in love with being able to hit people really hard without getting in trouble for it. And as time went on, I realized how much playing the game of football could do for myself, family and future.
4. What are your favorite things about playing football for Clarke?
We have a lot of support resources from our professors & academic staff. Coach Regalardo along with the rest of our coaches always make sure they are available to help us in any way they can as well. Coaches respect us as men, which is important to me. My teammates are competitive, and that brings the energy to practices and weight training.
5. If you could hang out with any football player past or present for a day who and why?
It would be Warren Sapp. Because he played game with passion. He also wasn’t the tallest but he mastered all of the little things and still dominated.
6. How do you prepare for games?
I watch a lot of film and find tendencies that will help me in the game. I use the moves that I think will be more useful in the game, during the practice week. Game day I just vision myself making plays & have my music playlist going.
7. What is your favorite workout?
I would have to say my favorite types of workouts is resistance training. Sprints, get offs & other explosive movements with resistance bands.
8. What type of energy do you bring onto the football field?
I feel as if I bring more of a havoc type of energy, when I’m on the field I like to cause havoc.
9. What are your favorite moments from your football life?
I would have to say when I signed my NLI because it was something I worked hard towards. It made me appreciate my blessings more. It was also a great feeling knowing that I wasn’t going to have to pay for school.
10. What would a team get in a player like you?
They will get a player that’s gonna come to work everyday giving it 100 percent. A player that’s willing to sacrifice whatever for the benefit of the team. And a player that’s gonna value the opportunity and be coachable.
11. What are you looking forward to in your upcoming season?
I’m looking forward to dominating this season & bringing everything that I have been working on all together. I’m looking forward to having a healthy season.
12. What is a moment that improved you as a football player?
My first 2 years of college I played thinking too much. My junior year I got in better shape and that helped the game slow down for me and helped me think less and just play.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- How about my boy Krishawn Hogan making plays in Carolina!! I see you fam @hogankri000 https://t.co/XcnKchLDKS
about 26 mins ago
- Last Chance:NFL Transactions for August 2, 2021 | Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts, and Signings nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/08/roster…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 39 mins ago
- Did You See This:NFL Transactions for August 2, 2021 | Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts, and Signings… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 56 mins ago
- Did You See This:Breaking: Carolina Panthers are signing former Minnesota Gophers LB Jonathan Celestin… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 57 mins ago
- Dang Nia Jazz got split open
about 1 hour ago
By: Chris DiCerbo The entire University of Nevada football team is looking to impress...
By Craig Forrestal In this episode, we get to know Jerome Howard. Together we...
2022 NFL Draft Prospect Interview on The Slightly Personal Podcast: Kyriq McDonald DB Missouri State
When it comes to adversity at the collegiate level, Kyriq McDonald is a prime...
POSITION: Cornerback CLASS: Senior HEIGHT: 6-0 WEIGHT: 194 HOMETOWN: League City, Texas HIGH SCHOOL:...