- Name: Dontae Mason
- Position: DB
- College: Delaware Valley University
- Height: 5’8″
- Weight: 180 lbs
- Twitter: @cantstop_tae
- Instagram: @cantstop_tae
- What made you decide you wanted to be a football player?
- What first piqued my interest into wanting to play football is because I watched my dad play it growing up and I wanted to be like him so that was my mindset. However, as I continue to get older I have a different reasoning. Football gives me an outlet to be free. It’s my way of therapy without actually talking about what it is I’m going through.
2. What sets you apart from other defensive backs?
- My IQ, my physicality, and my size. My size automatically sets me apart because I’m not the biggest athlete on the field, but I do my best to play that way. To elaborate more on that, what also sets me apart is my ability to play multiple positions on the backend. The fact that I’m not one dimensional is a plus because it allows me to show my ability in different areas on the field.
3. What type of energy do you bring onto the football field?
- Positive and competitive energy because I like to compete. I try to get the best out of every person on the field and it doesn’t matter the position you play because I’m going to challenge you to be better in some way.
4. If you could hang out with any football player past or present for a day, who and why?
- Inky Johnson because he is motivated, his story is something I read about daily and it’s something everybody should really touch base on. The way he shows determination and still strives to be great in other ways because of circumstances is very touching and motivational. I would love to just talk to him just to explore his mindset not just as a motivational speaker, but as a human being as a person.
5. What are your favorite things about playing football for Delaware Valley?
- My teammates! We really stick together like a family off the field and that’s a very important bond your team has. We don’t just talk about football we actually talk about life things and check up on each other like a family.
6. What is your favorite workout?
- Competitive workouts with my teammates because we are getting better together to reach the same goal.
7. How do you prepare for games?
- FIlm, treatment, and hydration. Those 3 things allow me to perform to the best of my ability during the games. Being a student of the game is important so that I can better understand what is going on and often I find things move in slow motion or I react faster because of the constant film study. Getting the proper treatment allows me to stay healthy and perform at a high level. Lastly, staying hydrated allows your body to not break down because you’re putting in the proper things to keep your muscles and organs functioning properly.
8. What are your favorite moments from your football life?
- Being able to learn from my teammates and facing adversity. When you learn from your teammates you have to have an open mindset because often you might not agree, but there are things that can help you in the long run based on the circumstances. My other favorite moment is adversity because you find out what type of person you are or even what type of people you are surrounded by. Adversity can either make you or break you; it’s about how you respond.
9. What do you love about the game of football?
- I love that the game of football allows a group of strangers to turn into family. Football brings a community together and allows people to be supported by not just their families, but from others as well.
10. What would a team get in a player like you?
- A leader, someone that’s hard working, a person that pushes the people around them, someone that is willing to learn and get the best out of themselves day in and day out.
11. What are you looking forward to in your upcoming season?
- Upcoming season I’m looking forward to doing things this school has never done before.
12. What should we know about Dontae Mason the person?
- I like to cook, color, and play with my daughter when we are together. Being a girl dad is great. My daughter inspires me to just do better as an athlete, father, and man. I like to travel and try new foods. Getting to know me as a person you would see that the people (friends) I surround myself with and my family mean alot to me because without them I wouldn’t be the person I am.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- ICYMI:NFL Transactions for August 4, 2021 | Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts, and Signings nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/08/transa… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 23 mins ago
- Congrats Cam twitter.com/nflmedia/statu…
about 31 mins ago
- Rest In Peace twitter.com/pfpaofficial/s…
about 1 hour ago
- Facts twitter.com/boutdat_23/sta…
about 1 hour ago
- It is August 4th and Jack Eichel is still a Sabre
about 1 hour ago
By: Chris DiCerbo The entire University of Nevada football team is looking to impress...
By Craig Forrestal In this episode, we get to know Jerome Howard. Together we...
2022 NFL Draft Prospect Interview on The Slightly Personal Podcast: Kyriq McDonald DB Missouri State
When it comes to adversity at the collegiate level, Kyriq McDonald is a prime...
POSITION: Cornerback CLASS: Senior HEIGHT: 6-0 WEIGHT: 194 HOMETOWN: League City, Texas HIGH SCHOOL:...