- Name: Nike Gooden
- Position: OL
- College: Texas Lutheran
- Height: 6’2″
- Weight: 296 lbs
- Instagram: @nikethagoat73
- What made you decide you wanted to be a football player?
After making a big hit in a game. Practice we got to hit a lot but on game days you got to just let loose and play.
2. What are your favorite things about playing football for Texas Lutheran?
My teammates, coaches, and being back in Texas playing football. Family environment and after games we go float the river to relax.
3. If you could hang out with any football player past or present for a day who and why?
Ray Lewis, he has been an idol of mine since I was a kid. Great inspirational and pump up talks, just got me ready to play a game and be relentless.
4. What sets you apart from other offensive linemen?
The normal for lineman is being strong and quick with alot of power, but for me I have those talents and I am nimble on my feet. Quick hands and just being able to know situations and how to prepare for them on the fly.
5. What type of energy do you bring onto the football field?
Energy is tough for me because I’m a quiet, focused person, I don’t say anything until after a few minutes. So truly I don’t know, it’s like once a big play happens it ignites me and I just try to keep it going.
6. What are your favorite moments from your football life?
The big plays/hits ignites the entire sidelines including coaches. How it turned to a brother hood soon as I transferred in and reported. For in football respect is earned and I did that with a lot of guys after showing what I could do after the first few days. Older guys took me under their wing and helped me with anything I needed and just overall made it feel like home.
7. What is your favorite workout?
Don’t really have a favorite, I just like working out in general. I’ll prefer upper body because as an offensive lineman having a strong core is everything for us. I know having a strong lower body is great as well but without a strong core you really can’t control the body in certain motions. I work my core to stay stabled for all the different moves that I will encounter during a game or practice.
8. How do you prepare for games?
Focus, listening to music all day and not talking to keep a clear mind on football.
9. What are you looking forward to in your upcoming season?
Make another run to be an All American.
10. What would a team get in a player like you?
Someone who studies his opponents moves and play style, confident player.
11. What do you love about the game of football?
How the world is on hold from all and any stress. Get to release anger and built up energy.
12. What is a moment that improved you as a football player?
It’s a well known quote but “history repeats itself”. I would watch film and the moves you see your opponent do from different games will and can all comeback in one game. Once I realized that can be applied to football that improved me to be more confident in what I see on film and believe a person could do it again in any situation.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Wow a kick made
about 42 mins ago
- Nahshon Wright Interview with @DraftDiamonds
about 43 mins ago
- A hundred year old? twitter.com/insideedition/…
about 47 mins ago
- JaQuan Hardy with the tackle
about 49 mins ago
- Did You See This:NFL Transactions for August 5, 2021 | Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts, and Signings… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 53 mins ago
By: Chris DiCerbo The entire University of Nevada football team is looking to impress...
By Craig Forrestal In this episode, we get to know Jerome Howard. Together we...
2022 NFL Draft Prospect Interview on The Slightly Personal Podcast: Kyriq McDonald DB Missouri State
When it comes to adversity at the collegiate level, Kyriq McDonald is a prime...
POSITION: Cornerback CLASS: Senior HEIGHT: 6-0 WEIGHT: 194 HOMETOWN: League City, Texas HIGH SCHOOL:...