- Name: Jason Poe
- Position: OL/FB
- Colege: Mercer University(Transfer from Lenoir-Rhyne)
- Height: 6’2″
- Weight: 295 lbs
- Twitter: @jpoe_
- What sets you apart from other offensive linemen/Fullbacks?
I think that my strength & speed are major things that set me apart from other offensive lineman & fullbacks. My bench is nearly 500lbs, power clean nearly 405lbs, and squat 650lbs, and I also weigh 295lbs with an estimated time of 4.8 in the forty yard dash.
2. If you could hang out with any football player past or present for a day who and why?
I would like to hang out with either Ray Lewis or Sean Taylor. Those guys were remarkably great on the field! I loved watching them perform at a high level.
3. What type of energy do you bring onto the football field?
I bring positivity & presence to the field. I try to uplift the players all the time while having great effort with a lion mentality.
4. What were your favorite things about playing football for Lenoir-Rhyne and what are you looking forward to this upcoming season with Mercer?
I loved playing in front of the fans. The fans made it an amazing environment to play in. I’m looking forward to full capacity fans due to covid, and also a championship.
5. How do you prepare for games?
I often listen to my customized playlist while meditating to God, so that I can feel his presence before every football game.
6. What should we know about Jason Poe the person?
You should know that I’m a man of God while being an outgoing person that loves to help people in anyway possible.
7. Rank focus,footwork and skill based on what is most important to you as a football player and explain why?
I would say focus would be the most important thing to me as a football player because without focus you wouldn’t be able to transition into the footwork or skill correctly.
8. What is your mindset when you are on the football field?
My mind set when I’m on field is that I will last the longest out of all my opponents. I also try to make sure I run through a guy every single play even if it doesn’t happen every single time.
9. What is a moment that improved you as a football player?
I would say the time when I actually focused and listened to my coaches my first year of college. It made me realize how much discipline & techniques matters.
10. What would a team get in a player like you?
They would get everything there is possible to be honest. I am a guy that loves to compete in everything I do whether if thats on or off the field in a good way.
11. How do you handle challenges both in life and on the football field?
I give every situation to God that I can’t handle, so that he can help guide in the right direction.
12. What do you love about the game of football?
I love the contact!! I enjoy destroying a player until he gives up or can’t go anymore.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:Former NFL football player arrested in connection to a possible homicide of his missing girlfriend… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 3 hours ago
- Did You See This:Kansas City standout high school football player Terrell Bell shot and killed | Only 15 years old… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 3 hours ago
- ICYMI:Former NFL football player arrested in connection to a possible homicide of his missing girlfriend… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 6 hours ago
- ICYMI:Kansas City standout high school football player Terrell Bell shot and killed | Only 15 years old… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 6 hours ago
- Former NFL football player arrested in connection to a possible homicide of his missing girlfriend… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 9 hours ago
On the very first podcast of Christopher Dicerbo’s Slightly Personal Podcast, Chris is joined...
By Craig Forrestal In this episode, we get to know Caleb Carter. Together we...
By Craig Forrestal In this episode, we get to know Isaiah Likely. Together we...
By Craig Forrestal In this episode, we get to know Isaiah Chambers. Together we...