- Name: Devin Aguilar
- Position: DB
- College: Butler University
- Height: 5’11
- Weight: 180 lbs
- Twitter: @Aguilar_Island8
- Instagram: @Aguilar_Island1
1.What are your favorite things about playing football for Butler?
– Playing with my teammates and the recruiting class I came in with, being able to see us grow as Division 1 football players and being able to finally complete our redshirt senior year has been my favorite thing to see over the years.
2.What sets you apart from other defensive backs?
– My attention to detail, as a defensive back having great physical ability can help you go a long way but having sound technique is what separates you from others. That’s where I study film on a lot of great players, right now Marshon Lattimore and Derek Stingley Jr are some tapes that I have been watching and try to pick out little things that they do.
3.If you could hang out with any football player past or present for a day who and why?
– Has to be Darrelle Revis, the GOAT cornerback.
4.What is your mindset when you are on the football field?
– I am always laser focused, trying to figure out tendencies to give to my position coach and try to scheme out some adjustments to put our defense in a better position.
5.What should people know about Devin Aguilar the person?
– I am someone that looks to get better and better any moment I can get and I try to always set a great example and lead by action in front of my teammates.
6.What is your favorite workout?
– Sprinting and being able race people is by far my favorite thing to do. So, I would say sprint work.
7.What is your favorite coverage and why?
– Right now, I have to say Cover 4, being able to apply checks on the play depending on the formation or personnel is great because it puts you in a better position to make a play.
8.What are your favorite moments from your football life?
– Winning is by far the best thing in all of sports, but my favorite moments are the behind-the-scenes training that happens Monday thru Friday that a fan or parents do not really get to see on gameday.
9.What type of energy do you bring onto the football field?
– I am not the most vocal person out there, it is something that I try to work on to be a better leader, but I usually sit in my locker listening to some music to get mentally prepared.
10. What would a team get in a player like you?
– A great effort player, someone that works and works constantly to better myself whether that be film study, lifting, sprint work, there really isn’t anyone that outworks me.
11.What made you decide you wanted to be a football player?
– I didn’t really get to decide haha, my dad entered me to play when I was 6 and I never looked back, so this is about to be my 15th or 16th season playing football, I don’t know I lost count how many years I have played but it has been a lot.
12.What are you looking forward to in your upcoming season?
– Looking forward to put it all together, Butler University is a very young team so I am looking forward to leading some of these young guys and bounce back from our 0-6 year and get some wins under our belt.