- Name: Dast Sturkie Jr.
- Position: Edge
- College: Shaw University
- Height: 6’4″
- Weight: 260 lbs.
- Instagram: @_football41
- How do you prepare for games?
I watch film during the week and break down my opponent to try to find any tendency. I practice how I am going to play. But the biggest thing I do is watch film to make sure I am mentally ready.
2. Which past or present NFL coach would you want to learn from the most and why?
Jon Gruden, he is down to earth. He tells it how it is. Just by watching documentaries, he is a tough coach but at the same time a great motivator. That’s one coach you can trust and believe everything he is teaching.
3. What type of energy do you bring onto the football field?
I’m more of a humbled beast. I don’t really talk too much, I just play. I’m the smart player, making sure everything is right. I love the game, and I feel like I bring that same love for the game out of everybody around me. You got to love playing football.
4. What sets you apart from other edge rushers?
What sets me apart is that I can also play the run too.
5. What are you looking forward to in your upcoming season?
To have a great healthy season. To reach all the goals I set for myself. And to be CIAA Champs and National Champs.
6. What should we know about Dast Sturkie Jr the person?
I’m goal oriented, hard driven, and dedicated to what I love to do. I want to see everybody around me win. I am an honest guy who tell things how it is. I am a family man. I try to be a hero to everybody. All in all, I’m human.
7. What is a moment that improved you as a football player?
When football was almost taken away from me. I prayed for a second chance and I got it, and ever since then I have been going hard as I can.
8. What is your favorite coverage and why?
Cover 3. Because it takes away the deep balls and runs up the middle.
9. What are you still learning as a football player?
Balance. The ability to control what I can control and what to prioritize. Being a novelist of distinction.
10. How do you handle challenges both in life and on the football field?
With a everything happens for a reason mindset. God wouldn’t put me through nothing I’m not built for. I’m human so it’s challenges, but I try not to let stuff defeat my mental. Just keep pushing.
11. Rank focus,footwork and skill based on what is most important to you as a football player and explain why?
Focus first, without the right focus footwork and skill set isn’t going to matter. If you can’t focus 9/10 you probably won’t play.
12. What stands out about your game on film?
Technique sound. I’m a technician, I play everything how it is supposed to be played. Rarely would see me make mistakes.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:Former NFL football player arrested in connection to a possible homicide of his missing girlfriend… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- Did You See This:Kansas City standout high school football player Terrell Bell shot and killed | Only 15 years old… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- ICYMI:Former NFL football player arrested in connection to a possible homicide of his missing girlfriend… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 5 hours ago
- ICYMI:Kansas City standout high school football player Terrell Bell shot and killed | Only 15 years old… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 5 hours ago
- Former NFL football player arrested in connection to a possible homicide of his missing girlfriend… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 8 hours ago
On the very first podcast of Christopher Dicerbo’s Slightly Personal Podcast, Chris is joined...
By Craig Forrestal In this episode, we get to know Caleb Carter. Together we...
By Craig Forrestal In this episode, we get to know Isaiah Likely. Together we...
By Craig Forrestal In this episode, we get to know Isaiah Chambers. Together we...