- Name: Anthony Tedesco
- Position: LB
- College: Delaware Valley University
- Height: 6’0″
- Weight: 225 lbs
- Twitter: @anthonytedesco5
1. What are your favorite things about playing football for Delaware Valley?
The best part of playing football at Delval is the family aspect between my teammates and coaches. It’s an extremely close group on and off the field. Along with our day in and day preparation that goes into our daily routines for the season.
2. If you could hang out with any football player past or present for a day who and why?
Definitely would be Luke Kuechly. During his rookie season I became a huge fan of his play. I try to model my game after his. The way he plays on the field and trains off the field is the standard I hold my self too. Probably the most important thing I took for him was the hours he puts into preparing for a game each week, breaking down film and watching countless hours of HUDL. I try to do the exact same.
3. What type of energy do you bring onto the football field?
I bring high energy and intensity every time I step on the field. No matter what it is. I play every snap like it could be my last.
4. How do you prepare for games?
I take my preparation for games extremely serious. I believe it’s the most important part of playing the game. Each week during the season I try to eat completely clean, along with hydrating with a lot of water, I try to drink a gallon of water a day. I spend countless hours watching hudl and going over the scouting report so I’m two steps ahead on game day. When game day roles around, my pre snap reads and checks are second nature.
5. What should we know about Anthony Tedesco the person?
As a person, the best way to describe my self is hardworking, determined and respectful. Day in and day out I strive to be the best version of my self I can be. Everything I do in life I try to do it the best of my abilities. There is always room for improvement in everything you do, so I’m never satisfied. In regards to being respectful, when I’m not on the field I try to treat everybody in life like I’d want someone to treat members of my family. I was raised in a close Italian American family and respect and class is everything.
6. What sets you apart from other linebackers?
What sets me apart from most linebackers today is my toughness and hard nosed style of play. I play every game at 100 mph. My toughness in the run game and speed and versatility in the pass game makes me a true 3 down linebacker. Today in football it’s hard to find people that still love to bang play in and play out and I can say I’m one of those guys. My favorite part of the game is hitting and dominating every single snap I’m on the field. Along with all I just said I wanted to touch on what I said before. The way I prepare each week, week in and week out sets me far apart from my competition.
7. What is your favorite workout?
My favorite type of workout to do has to be a tie between leg day and speed and agility days. In the sport we play, Your lower half is what makes you go. I have an unbelievable trainer who I’ve been working with since I’ve been 10 years old. Val Barnaby at ESSA Sports Performance pushes me every training session 6 days of week to be the best I can be.
8. What are you looking forward to in your upcoming season?
To say I’m extremely excited about the upcoming season is an understatement. We have an extremely talented group coming back with National Championship aspirations. Day in and day out I work with that goal in mind. My screen savor is the Stagg bowl trophy to remind my self in everything I do what the goal is.
9. What is your mindset when you are on the football field?
My mindset on the field is pretty simple. Be violent and hit everything that moves or gets in my way play in and play out.
10. What would a team get in a player like you?
A team would get a hardworking, hard nosed, team player that will do anything he can possibly do to win. Winning is everything to me. My whole life that’s how I’ve been. Every loss I’ve ever had on the field sticks with me and pushes me to work harder and harder to never feel that feeling again.
11. What is a moment in your football career that improved you as a football player?
It has to be two moments that stick out to me one was losing my sophomore high school state semi final game on a last second walk off field goal. Two is losing to eventual national champions North Central in the elite 8 last year. It was a feeling that I never forget and sticks with me to this day. That feeling of coming up short is something that drives me every day. The 3 years I’ve been at Delval we’ve been 3x time defending MAC champions along with an undefeated perfect MAC conference record. This year it’s time to take the next step, I never want to feel the feeling of coming up short again.
12. What are your biggest traits on the football field?
My biggest traits on the football field has to be a couple. I’d say my leadership, football IQ, along with my toughness and hard nosed/ high energy style of play.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:Former NFL football player arrested in connection to a possible homicide of his missing girlfriend… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 48 mins ago
- Last Chance:Kansas City standout high school football player Terrell Bell shot and killed | Only 15 years old… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- Did You See This:Former NFL football player arrested in connection to a possible homicide of his missing girlfriend… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 4 hours ago
- Did You See This:Kansas City standout high school football player Terrell Bell shot and killed | Only 15 years old… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 4 hours ago
- ICYMI:Former NFL football player arrested in connection to a possible homicide of his missing girlfriend… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 7 hours ago
On the very first podcast of Christopher Dicerbo’s Slightly Personal Podcast, Chris is joined...
By Craig Forrestal In this episode, we get to know Caleb Carter. Together we...
By Craig Forrestal In this episode, we get to know Isaiah Likely. Together we...
By Craig Forrestal In this episode, we get to know Isaiah Chambers. Together we...