- Name: Zack Mesday
- Position: Linebacker/Edge
- College: Temple University
- Height: 6’0
- Weight: 235
- Twitter: @mezzzy10
Right now, people are not talking about you the way I feel they should. Do you feel you are an underdog?
- This isn’t anything new. I’ve been the underdog forever and I consistently come out on top. Funny how that title still holds value.
What is one thing that NFL teams should know about you?
- One thing that they should already know is that I get better as the game goes on. As my opponent wears down, I get stronger. I don’t know how it happens, it just does.
If you could donate to one cause in the world, what would it be?
- One cause would be to help veterans find housing. Too many people in this country sacrifice their lives for this country just to be thrown to the side once our government has no use for them anymore.
Who was your childhood hero?
- My childhood hero was David Ortiz. A person who showed up consistently and brought an organization a spark they had not seen in 86 years was amazing to me. I aspired to be like him and I think I’ve done a pretty good job.
Who is the most underrated teammate in your locker room at your school?
- The most underrated teammate at Temple right now is Tayvon Ruley. A dude from a similar situation as myself, you have to respect it. Whenever he’s in, good things happen.
What is your biggest pet peeve?
- My biggest pet peeve is when someone doesn’t understand the blessings they have. No matter what you’re going through, someone always has it worse than you. Sitting around and feeling sorry for yourself is never going to change your situation.
Overcoming adversity is what defines character, what was the hardest moment in your life to overcome?
- The hardest moment in my life had to be the second time I tore my ACL. I knew it was torn, but I didn’t want to believe it so I continued to play on it. I thought my career was over. Football was all I had, so I stuck it out; I’m glad I did.
Tell me something about your school and why it is so special to you?
- Temple is the most blue collar, hard nosed, pick yourself up by your boot straps football team in this country. Every player who succeeds here is a dog and our track record is proof of it.
What is your favorite snack food?
- My favorite snack food is the nature valley peanut butter granola bars.
The NFL Draft is quickly approaching, If you could sell yourself in one sentence what would you say?
- There has never been a coach who regretted giving me an opportunity.
If you could compare your play to one player in the NFL who would it be?
- I feel like I’m a mix of a few players. Not to say I’m as talented as these players, but I feel that my play most resembles Clay Matthews or Khalil Mack. Both hybrids who will run through you to get to the ball.
If you could have dinner with three people dead or alive, who would it be and why?
- Ted Williams, Tyler Childers, and Jesus. Ted for the motivation, Tyler for the experience and Jesus; it’s Jesus.