- Name: Tyson Dyer
- Position: Punter/Holder
- College: University of New Mexico
- Height: 6’2″
- Weight: 212 lbs
- Twitter: @t_dyer96
1.What made you decide you wanted to be a football player?
- American football has given me an opportunity to live in the same city as my fiance after 7 years of long distance. I am also very competitive and have enjoyed the challenge of adapting to a sport I have never played before at a high level.
2.If you could hang out with any football player past or present for a day who and why?
- Darren Bennett, although he is my punting coach and I do catch up with him regularly, I do not take for granted the value of his knowledge. Darren has helped me transition from Australian rules football like he did when he was picked up by the San Diego Chargers. He is a great mentor on and off the field and has taught me the importance of staying humble and doing things the right way.
3.What is your mindset when you are on the football field?
- Focused on my role to put my team in the best field position possible to win the game.
4.What sets you apart from other punters?
- I am an Australian punter who is most effective with a traditional style punt. I also only focus on team related punting stats and being the best team punter I can be.
5.What are your favorite moments from your football life?
- The defense scoring a touchdown against Air Force the next play after my 84 yard punt to the 1 yard line, recovering an onside kick in my last senior game, and running for a first down against Notre Dame.
6.What is your favorite workout?
- Any circuit that involves fast twitch muscle fiber workouts or stability training that is specific for punters.
7.What do you think are the keys to success on the football field?
- Buying in to the team and playing your role. If each player on the field beats their direct opponent, it is impossible to lose.
8.What did you like about playing football for New Mexico?
- The University of New Mexico is immersed in a highly diverse culture with beautiful weather. The business program has helped me learn life skills and I have formed a strong bond with my past teammates. I am forever grateful to the University of New Mexico for giving me the opportunity to play American football and live in the same city as my fiancé.
9.What has been your biggest challenge in life?
- I met my fiancé 10 years ago in Australia while she was studying abroad. Initially, I was traveling back-and-forth to the United States to try to live closer to her. I was getting rejected for employment due to the inconvenience of the visa process. I eventually moved to Canada because the visa process was a lot easier, but we were still doing long-distance. After noticing a lot of Australians playing in college football, I decided to move back home for one year and save as much money as I could while training to move to the US and play American football. After seven years of long distance, we were finally living in the same city when I was recruited to the University of New Mexico out of Palomar Community College.
10.What would a team get in a player like you?
- A punter and holder who knows his role and is specifically focused on doing whatever he can to help the team win. I have also been a leader and captain my whole life and would hope to be a guy that all teammates can come to for advice on and off the field.
11.What type of energy do you bring onto the football field?
- When I am on the field I am calm and collected. On the sideline I am bringing energy to my teammates.
12.What role do you hope to have if you make it into the NFL?
- I hope to be a leader both on and off the field. I will work harder than any other punter to have a long and successful career in the NFL.
- Deshaun Watson’s attorney claims at least five of the accusers performed massages after their sexual misconduct incidents
- Guess what NFL player is currently wanted for a battery in Louisiana? If you guessed newly signed Seahawk Aldon Smith you are right!
- Notre Dame OLB Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah is the next Phenomenal Coverage Linebacker says former NFL scout
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Trenchmen’s Corner| Christian Barmore Scouting Report | Former CFL scout Dave Van Nett breaks down his game… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 32 mins ago
- ICYMI:NFL Transactions for April 19, 2021 | Free Agent Signings, Workouts and Roster Cuts nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/transa…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 41 mins ago
- Deshaun Watson’s attorney claims at least five of the accusers performed massages after their sexual misconduct inc… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 55 mins ago
- ICYMI:If you are an athlete, and you ache, you need an EXOGUN! | Exogun DreamPro Scouting Report and Product Review… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 58 mins ago
- Guess what NFL player is currently wanted for a battery in Louisiana? If you guessed newly signed Seahawk Aldon Smi… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago