- Name: Tyree Thompson
- Position: LB
- College: University at Buffalo
- Height: 6’2
- Weight: 230
- Twitter: @Tyreet_
- Instagram: @TMC_Ree
Right now, people are not talking about you the way I feel they should. Do you feel you are an underdog?
- I definitely feel that I am an underdog it’s been like that my whole life but with God, by my side, I continue to prevail. You know my pro day didn’t go as planned due to some unfortunate events but I am a big believer that everything happens for a reason. I’ve been in this situation before with my back against the wall, so I’m gonna put my head down and continue to work because I know I belong in the NFL.
What is one thing that NFL teams should know about you?
- One thing that NFL teams should know about me is that I’m very resilient and I always elevate the room that I am in.
If you could donate to one cause in the world, what would it be?
- If I could donate to one cause in the world it would be to help underprivileged kids get into college.
Who was your childhood hero?
- My childhood hero was my grandmother she taught me so much and helped develop my relationship with the Lord.
Who is the most underrated teammate in your locker room at your school?
- The most underrated player in my locker room is MIKE NOVITSKY he needs to be talked about on a national level.
What is your biggest pet peeve?
- My biggest pet peeve is not living up to my expectations
Overcoming adversity is what defines character, what was the hardest moment in your life to overcome?
- The hardest moment to overcome in my life is when I bet on myself and went to junior college. I say this because I was taking 6 classes a semester that consisted of night classes. While working as a janitor at night time as well all while trying to peruse my dream of playing big-time football. It was some long lonely nights but with my faith in God, I was able to overcome that long year. It was very humbling and taught me a lot about myself because when I set my mind on something I will not stop until I complete it.
Tell me something about your school and why it is so special to you?
- What was so special to me about Buffalo was that everyone has the same goal in mind and we all have that chip on our shoulders to be the best we can be every day. It was special and cool to see.
What is your favorite snack food?
- My favorite snack is kettle corn
The NFL Draft is quickly approaching, If you could sell yourself in one sentence what would you say?
- A linebacker that can run the defense play multiple positions and contribute on special teams.
If you could compare your play to one player in the NFL who would it be?
- If I could compare myself to one player in the NFL I would say KJ Wright he plays sound fundamental football and makes his plays.
If you could have dinner with three people dead or alive, who would it be and why?
- If I could have dinner with three people dead or alive it would be Nipsey Hussle because his music has inspired me so much to keep pressing forward when I face obstacles. The second would be my grandmother just to speak to her again one last time she was such a big part of my upbringing. Lastly, I would want to sit down and pick Ray Lewis’ brain and soak up some of his football knowledge.