- Name: Tariq Thompson
- Position: DB
- College: San Diego State University
- Height:5′ 11″
- Weight: 205 lbs
- Instagram: @riqtbw
1.What sets you apart from other defensive backs?
- What sets me apart is my intelligence level of football and my ability to read what happens on a play and my ball-hawking skills I feel like I can go after the ball really well.
2.If you could hang out with any football player past or present for a day who and why?
- I would say Chad Johnson he was my favorite player growing up. And I liked his personality and celebrations and he had fun playing football. He was a great player and somebody I looked up to.
3.What has been your biggest challenge in life?
- The passing of my auntie, she was really close to me and my cousin. And she was really critical of what I did whether it was track or football. She made me strive to become the person I am today.
4.What is your mindset when you are on the football field?
- My mindset is do anything to help my team win and anything less than that is a failure in my opinion.
5.What made you decide you wanted to be a football player?
- What made me decide I wanted to be a football player was my other cousin played and I loved competing with him and it drew me to football. I love football and all the people I have met and what football can bring for me.
6.What are your favorite moments from your football life?
- Winning a National Championship in youth football, it was something I had with a goal in mind and glad I achieved it.
7.What is your favorite workout?
- Back squat
8.What do you think are the keys to success on the football field?
- Effort, intensity and passion if you have those things you can get to work.
9.What type of energy do you bring onto the football field?
- I bring positive and humble energy and I try to become the best football player and any chance I get to get better I need to take advantage of it.
10.What would a team get in a player like you?
- A team would get a player dedicated to playing football and they should take a shot at me playing every day.
11.What were your favorite things about playing football for San Diego State University?
- Playing in front of my hometown, playing with my brothers and and all the hard work I put in.
12.What role do you hope to have if you make it into the NFL?
- Whatever role any team wants me to fulfill I’m dedicated to playing any position.