- Name: Jabari Walters
- Position: WR
- College: Northwestern State University
- Height: 6′ 0″
- Weight: 195 lbs
- Twitter: @_waltersj
1.What do you hope to accomplish if you make it into the NFL?
- I want to break records, make a name for myself, the ultimate goal is to win a Super Bowl MVP.
2. Rank focus,footwork and skill based on what is most important to you as a football player and explain why?
- Focus is the most important thing because the mindset is everything. You have to have the right mindset mentally or you’ll lose every time. Footwork would be second because creating separation is the most important thing when playing receiver. It doesn’t matter what level of football you play, the DB can only make the play if he’s standing right next to you. Skill is last but it isn’t slept on. You can work on your skill every day.
3. What made you decide you wanted to be a football player?
- This was something that God put in my heart as a little kid. Something that I’ve always wanted to do in life. I’ve always had the passion for it, and the desire to always want to learn and be the best.
4. What is your favorite workout?
- Bench press, back-squat, hang-clean in the weight room. On the field I like to run routes and do cone drills.
5.If you could hang out with any football player past or present for a day who and why?
- Jerry Rice, I see a lot of myself in him as far as work ethic and wanting to find ways to be great. I would love to learn from him and get an insight into what I need to do to be as good as him.
6.What has been your biggest challenge in life?
- Never getting a real opportunity to play football in college. I was always stuck in situations that were never in my control, which led to me never getting the chance to play. I felt like I did what I was supposed to do in high school to put myself in a position to get recruited, but the opportunity never presented itself, which was a big challenge for me considering I had to always prove I was worthy to play at the schools I attended.
7.What is your mindset when you are on the football field?
- My mindset is to dominate the person in front of me no matter who it is. I compete with myself more than anyone, just to prove to myself that I am who I am. I take it personal lining up against certain people because I feel like they haven’t been putting in as much work as I am, so there’s no way I should lose a 1on1 battle.
8.What are your favorite moments from your football life?
- Putting up over 1,000 yards as a senior. That was a big goal of mine leading up into that season, it felt good to accomplish that. I still remember the ever first touchdown that I scored. Still remembering that to this day still gives me joy.
9.What is your favorite Stadium that you’ve played in?
- Rudolph G. Dinvault Stadium
10.What would a team get in a player like you?
- Someone who’s going to come in and work every day, make everyone around him better, bring out the competitive nature in everybody, an overall complete receiver.
11. What type of energy do you bring onto the football field?
- Good positive energy, someone not afraid to compete against the best, always wanting to go against the best.
12.What do you think is the key to success on the football field?
- The key to success is teamwork, can’t be an individual who’s all for himself, you have to put the team first, and if the team has success, then you have success. Everyone has to have the same goals in the end.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- NFL Transactions for April 17, 2021 | Free Agent Signings, Workouts, and Roster Cuts nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/workou… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- Used the Bills as leverage twitter.com/jfowlerespn/st…
about 1 hour ago
- Did You See This:Free Agent Spotlight: Draft Diamonds interview with offensive lineman Jalen Allen, formerly of Cha… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- ICYMI:Note to NFL teams: Stay away from Trevor Lawrence | Bust chance increases to 90 percent… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 3 hours ago
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Austin Trammell, WR, Rice University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/austin… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/Dc7Xo5tOsS
about 3 hours ago