- Name: Austin Trammell
- Position: WR
- College: Rice University
- Height: 5’10
- Weight: 185
- Instagram: @austintrammell10
Right now, people are not talking about you the way I feel they should. Do you feel you are an underdog?
- I absolutely feel like I am underdog and I honestly wouldn’t want it any other way. I’ve been an underdog my whole life and I thrive off of the motivation to prove people wrong.
What is one thing that NFL teams should know about you?
- The one thing NFL teams should know about me is that I am a pro in all aspects of the game. I am in love with the game and the grind. I strive to get better everyday.
If you could donate to one cause in the world, what would it be?
- I would definitely donate to cancer research because so many people are unfairly impacted by this horrible sickness. Not only individuals, but families and childhoods are impacted by cancer in so many ways. Hopefully, one day we can live in a cancer free world.
Who was your childhood hero?
- My childhood hero was and still is my great grandpa. He lived to be 92 after a full life of hard work. He was a WWII veteran, an incredible family man, whose faith in God and whose generosity was unmatched. He is the role model of what a true man should be.
Who is the most underrated teammate in your locker room at your school?
- The most underrated teammate in my locker room at Rice would be Jordan Myers. The definition of Jordan is a football player. The dude can do it all. We called him the swiss army knife because he could play any position in any situation. He will be a big part of Rice’s offense and special teams next year.
What is your biggest pet peeve?
- My biggest pet peeve is when someone is unprepared. Preparation is the key to success and confidence.
Overcoming adversity is what defines character, what was the hardest moment in your life to overcome?
- My senior year of high school, I broke my leg in the 4th game of the season. I thought my football career was over at that point. I thought my scholarship to Rice would be taken, and my dream of playing ball was over. But, because of great doctors, trainers, family support and hard work I was able to fully recover and make an impact as a true freshman at Rice.
Tell me something about your school and why it is so special to you?
- Rice University is a small, but prestigious private school in Houston, TX that cares deeply about diversity and academics. It is so special to me because of the relationships I was able to form throughout my four years.
What is your favorite snack food?
- My favorite snack food is trail mix.
The NFL Draft is quickly approaching, If you could sell yourself in one sentence what would you say?
- I am an ultimate competitor who is in love with the game and the grind.
If you could compare your play to one player in the NFL who would it be?
- I would compare myself to Cooper Kupp, because we are very similar in the way we run routes and find a way to get open. We both use leverage, savviness, and toughness to find the soft spots of coverage and make tough plays in the clutch moments.
If you could have dinner with three people dead or alive, who would it be and why?
- If I could have dinner with three people dead or alive, they would be Jesus, Winston Churchill, and Jackie Robinson. I chose Jesus because he is the Son of God, but also because he was able to start a movement that changed the whole world forever in a time with no internet or social media. Winston Churchill because of his great leadership during a time of utter chaos and destruction. And finally, Jackie Robinson because of the adversity he overcame being the first black man to play Major League Baseball, while having major success.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- For example, if you went to the store today you walked by probably 50 people who were not vaccinated and not wearin… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 51 mins ago
- For all the people that are going nuts and saying Beasley will get his teammates sick, that could happen. But anyo… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 52 mins ago
- They are scared, look at the backlash he is getting. If he was smart he would release a new rap song called Vax twitter.com/dabuff716/stat…
about 54 mins ago
- I go to the store everyday, I live in Florida. No one is wearing a mask here. I wear it and protect myself. It i… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 55 mins ago
- He is becoming one of my favorites. Sometimes you can go against the grain. I like players that are hated. Charles… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 57 mins ago
By Craig Forrestal In this episode, we get to know Obinna Eze. Together we...
By Craig Forrestal In this episode, we get to know Chris Ferguson. Together we...
USC Trojans linebacker Hunter Echols sat down with Chris Dicerbo on Slightly Personal, Always...
In this video, we break down film, QB Spotlight owner Steven Hamner breaks down...