- Name: Antjuan Simmons
- Position: Linebacker
- College: Michigan State
- Height: 5’11 3/4
- Weight: 234
- Twitter: @_antjuan_
Right now, people are not talking about you the way I feel they should. Do you feel you are an underdog?
- I definitely feel like the underdog. I feel like I’ve done enough on and off the field to be talked about more but at the same time, I’m not mad or disappointed about it because it’s not doing anything but giving me more fuel. I feel like my whole career I’ve been doubted and stuff so it’s nothing new to me.
What is one thing that NFL teams should know about you?
- I’m a football player. I bring a lot of different skills to the table. I can play inside the box and play off blocks but I can also play out in space and do a number of different things. I definitely have things that need to be improved but I definitely feel like my tape shows I’m capable of doing just about anything on the field.
If you could donate to one cause in the world, what would it be?
- I would donate to a charity that’s directed towards children with special or children from more at-risk locations or an organization that’s directed towards depression and anxiety. One of those three because I have experience with them and I understand how hard they can be maneuvering around. It’s hard on everyone, not just the individual so anything I can do to help I don’t mind.
Who was your childhood hero?
- Growing up I loved Ray Lewis. He was my idol. I use to do his dance, try to play with that same intensity, and tried to lead my teams as well he did. He was someone I really enjoyed watching because of the way he played the game. You could tell he loved it.
Who is the most underrated teammate in your locker room at your school?
- Jordan Simmons, Xavier Henderson, Jayden Reed, Jalen Nailor, and Angelo Grose. These are guys who were extremely productive last season and the past few years and they also showed what they were capable of. So I expect BIG seasons from these guys this upcoming season and years to come!
What is your biggest pet peeve?
- My biggest pet peeve has to be Hypocrites. I hate when people tell me I can’t do something or I shouldn’t do something but turn around to do it. I understand in some situations it might be better that way but for the most part, I don’t like it.
Overcoming adversity is what defines character, what was the hardest moment in your life to overcome?
- The hardest thing I’ve had to overcome was losing my dad to the prison system for 9 years. I was only 12 going on 13 so it was a complete shock. He’s back home but it was extremely hard for me cause my dad missed some of the most important years of my life. He never got to see me grow, never took me on recruiting trips, or any of that so it was hard. I went 3-4 years without even seeing my dad. At the same time though I don’t know if I would have made it to where I am today without that happening because I refused to be just another statistic. I wanted to make a name for myself. I got extremely hungry and never looked back.
Tell me something about your school and why it is so special to you?
- The people made MSU special. If it wasn’t for people within the program I don’t know where I’d be. I’d ups and downs my first few years dealing with my spinal injury but the staff was there for me every second of the way. Mandy Chandler and Coach Tressel and Coach D had my back. On top of that, my teammates were always there for me. I made a lot of special memories at MSU I wouldn’t trade them for anything.
What is your favorite snack food?
- I LOVE hot Cheetos. I almost love them too much I have to stay away from them cause once I get a few I want to eat the whole bag LOL.
The NFL Draft is quickly approaching, If you could sell yourself in one sentence what would you say?
- You’re getting a smart, reliable, hardworking, physical football player who wants to lead bf do things the right way.
If you could compare your play to one player in the NFL who would it be?
- I honestly don’t know I try to just watch guys and see if I can find something within their game I can implement into my own. Linebackers are coming in different sizes, speeds, and skillsets so it’s hard to compare myself to specifically one guy because I’m not the prototypical linebacker. I really enjoy watching Bobby Wagner, Fred Warner, Tampa Bay LB’s, Eric Kendricks, and Darius Leonard.
If you could have dinner with three people dead or alive, who would it be and why?
- Lebron James because he’s the GOAT. Ray Lewis because he’s one of my favorite football players I’ve watched. Shannon Sharpe because he seems like a truly genuine guy and someone you wanna have in your corner.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:Former NFL Scout says UM pass rusher Gregory Rousseau is a soft football player | 2021 NFL Draft Scouti… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 42 mins ago
- I am really starting to think we should cover the Transfer Portal more. Like do interviews with transfer portal ki… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 47 mins ago
- Tomorrow is Shaun Wade day!! Let's Go fam!! Florida Boi!!
about 1 hour ago
- Sabres win watch
about 2 hours ago
- Sabres traded Taylor Hall and Lazar and still get a point.
about 2 hours ago