- Name: Stone Forsythe
- Position: OT
- College: University of Florida
- Height: 6’8
- Weight: 310
- Twitter: @stone_forsythe
Right now, people are not talking about you the way I feel they should. Do you feel you are an underdog?
- Yeah, I definitely feel I am an underdog. I feel I have been an underdog my entire time at Florida. People always thought I could not get the job done, or I was too slow or not athletic enough. I definitely feel I am an underdog and whatever team takes a chance on me will be getting one of the best offensive tackles in this draft class.
What is one thing that NFL teams should know about Stone Forsythe?
- I come ready to work every day. I do not have problems going on outside of football. I am just ready to work and am all about business.
If you could donate to one cause in the world, what would it be?
- My Father’s Foundation is called YESS which stands for Young Empowered Stroke Survivors located in Orlando, Florida. He made a foundation to reach out to young people who may have also suffered a stroke. He wanted to build a network to help them find rehab programs after he suffered a stroke himself. He started the foundation a little over a year ago.
Who was your childhood hero?
- My parents. My Father was my hero on the football side of things because he played in the NFL for the Cincinnati Bengals. He has always helped me and guided me in my athletic career, and my Mother taught me how to grow up the right way. Off the field, she taught me many things behind the scenes.
Who is the most underrated teammate in your locker room at Florida?
- I would have to say Brett Heggie our Center. He had a few injuries here or there, but he can definitely get the job done. He brings his hard hat every day to work, and I think if he is given a chance in the NFL he will make a name for himself.
What is your biggest pet peeve?
- When people do not pay attention to detail. When people fail to pay attention to the small things that can be easily done, that kind of irks me a little bit.
Overcoming adversity is what defines character, what was the hardest moment in your life to overcome?
- My father’s health concerns, as well as, my first two years in Florida. I had to sit out early during my career when I knew I could compete. Those were both rough times in my life.
Tell me something about Florida and why it is so special to you?
- I was proud to be part of that Florida legacy. Everyone knows who the Gators are, I mean they are worldwide. So just being part of that Gator culture means a lot to me. It seems like everywhere you go someone went to Florida. For networking purposes and off the field purposes. Being a part of the Alumni Association means something.
What is your favorite snack food?
- That is a tough one, I am not too much of a snacker. If I had to pick I would go with the Honey BBQ Frito Twists you can get at the gas station.
The NFL Draft is quickly approaching, If you could sell yourself in one sentence what would you say?
- I am one of the most consistent lineman coming out, and I am always ready to work. I have the size and athletic ability to get the job done. I am just waiting for someone to take a chance.
If you could compare your play to one player in the NFL who would it be?
- Mike McGlinchey from the 49ers, the big right tackle. I watched him a lot in college because he is a 6’8 offensive tackle. I would always watch film on him or Ronnie Stanley because they were big like me. You can always turn on film of Tyron Smith and Trent Williams, but those guys are not 6’8 so it is hard to relate to them. They are smaller but they are greats, but for my size, I would always watch the bigger guys.
If you could have dinner with three people dead or alive, who would it be and why?
- The Rock, everyone says we look alike so I would have to meet him in person. Also, he is a very successful business person
- Shaq, seems like he has a lot of off-the-court knowledge, and seems very business savvy.
- Kobe, I mean it’s Kobe! You cannot pass up that opportunity.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds