- Name: Kareem Leaver
- Position: LB
- College: Brockport University
- Height: 6002
- Weight: 242 lbs
- Twitter: @kleaver33
1.What do you think are the keys to success on the football field?
I think the keys to success on the field starts off the field. Preparation gets you ready for any adversity you may come across. It starts with being a film nerd and staying in shape.
2.What is your favorite workout?
Conditioning , over time it has grown on me. I like the feeling of pushing myself past my limits .
3.What is your mindset when you are on the football field?
My mindset is “keep calm” let the game slow down . It is easy to diagnose the play when you are locked in and calm. You notice little things like a lineman’s hand position that can give away a play.
4.If you could hang out with any football player past or present for a day who and why?
I would hang out with Bart Scott. Growing up I was a huge fan. It would be cool to pick his brain about the game.
5.What are your favorite moments from your football life?
My freshman year at Delaware State we were playing against Delaware. My coach just put me in the game and I led the team in tackles. It was my first college game, from there I knew everyone would be in trouble.
6.What do you hope to accomplish if you make it into the NFL?
I want to be the player that the gm and coaches agree will elevate the team to the next level.
7.What type of energy do you bring onto the football field?
I will bring the reassurance to my teammates. They will be able to know I will take care of my 1/11 . We will get off the field.
8.Rank focus,footwork and skill based on what is most important to you as a football player?
Focus is first second skill and last would be footwork.
9.What has been your biggest challenge in life?
Overcoming a 4 year injury and everyone telling me to give up. I just invested in myself and kept grinding. Day by day I got better.
10.What would a team get in a player like you?
They will get a player who will run through a brick wall for the team. I’m extremely coachable and fix mistakes easily. I am willing to do what ever makes the team better!
11.What made you decide you wanted to be a football player?
Growing up in Brownsville Brooklyn, my older brothers all played football for the Jaguars. I was too young to play but I always tried to anyway. I had to skip flag football because I would always tackle the ball carrier. Football is just in my blood.
12.What is your favorite stadium that you’ve played in?
Playing in the Hula Bowl I got a chance to play at Aloha Stadium, it has an amazing vibe to it and the weather was always beautiful. I would have to go with Lincoln Financial field though. The grass feels better than the turf to me.
- Deshaun Watson’s attorney claims at least five of the accusers performed massages after their sexual misconduct incidents
- Guess what NFL player is currently wanted for a battery in Louisiana? If you guessed newly signed Seahawk Aldon Smith you are right!
- Notre Dame OLB Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah is the next Phenomenal Coverage Linebacker says former NFL scout
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Richard McBryde, LB, SMU nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/richar… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/uv8Vwfo8FB
about 16 mins ago
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Tabyus Taylor, RB, Notre Dame College nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/tabyus… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/N76z3XiNbL
about 25 mins ago
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Austin Trammell, WR, Rice University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/austin… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 30 mins ago
- Last Chance:Former USC Trojan offensive lineman Chris Brown has died at the age of 24 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/usc-2/ #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 31 mins ago
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Austin Faoliu, DL, University of Oregon nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/austin… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 31 mins ago