Hello, I am @jrberendzen on Twitter and this is one of my free agent interviews where I ask very deserving free agents questions about the players themselves and about what a team would get in these players. All of these players should get picked up by NFL, CFL, and XFL teams and get a shot at being a career football player. So I hope you all read this interview and follow Jorge’s journey on Twitter @jorgereyna_11.
1.What is your mindset when you are on the football field?
– On the field, I am systematic in my approach. I make sure I understand the situation (of down and distance and the telltale defensive keys). Plus, I make sure everyone on offense is aligned correctly, and we are in the correct play.
2.What is your favorite workout?
– Lower body strength workouts!
3.If you could hang out with any football player, past or present, for a day, who and why?
– Tom Flores. Especially since he is of Mexican descent, and I played at Fresno state close to his hometown of Sanger, CA.
4.What are your favorite moments from your football life?
– One would be the final drive against Hawaii at Hawaii. The lineman around was joking about the time clock being an extra 20 seconds we would generally practice during the week under Tedford. We ended the drive with the game-winning field goal!
5.What is your favorite stadium that you’ve played in?
– It would be Alabama ‘17, my redshirt year. No college stadium I have been to can surpass that stadium.
6.Rank focus, footwork, and skill-based on what is most important to you as a football player and explain why?
– 1) Mental Toughness/Focus. The position demands extreme attention to detail and preparation every day. – 2) Footwork. Mastering footwork allows players to make incredible throws or bypass the time needed for completion.- 3) Skill. Skills are the intangibles coaches/scouts discuss, like feel for the game, making a broken playwork, etc.
7.What do you hope to achieve as a football player going forward?
– I hope to compete and evolve to the player I believe I will be for the right organization.
8.What do you think are the keys to success on the football field?
– Preparation, Communication, Consistency, and Leadership are the four traits I believe give you the best opportunity to win.
9.What has been your biggest challenge in life?
– Losing to Minnesota and USC in back-to-back weeks on last plays bruising confidence but came back and performed better.
10.What would a team get in a player like you?
– Mentally focus player equipped for adversity and is focus on preparation to execute consistently. Additionally, I will lead a group of men to achieve at a high level.
11.What type of energy do you bring onto the football field?
– Passion and Determination.
12.What made you decide you wanted to be a football player?
– I love having a group of guys depending on you to lead them and help peers succeed around me.