- Name: Jack Heflin
- Position: DL
- College: University of Iowa
- Height: 6′ 3″
- Weight: 307 lbs
- Twitter: @jack_a_sac_51
1) What made you decide you wanted to be a football player?
Watching the Bears play in 2006. I really enjoyed watching their defense and I instantly fell in love with the game.
2) What is your mindset when you are on the football field?
To be a physical force. I think about dominating the man across from me every snap and have him feel who I am.
3) What do you hope to accomplish if you make it into the NFL?
Win a Super Bowl. All the individual stuff will take care of itself if we are playing at a high level.
4) If you could hang out with any football player past or present for a day who and why?
Gronk seems like he is always having a good time. He’s a guy that is himself no matter what the situation is.
5) Rank focus,footwork and skill based on what is most important to you as a football player and explain why?
1-Focus, a player can have all the attributes in the world but if they do not have the right mindset and focus they will never capitalize. 2- Footwork, this is the start of every play and if you have bad footwork it is over from the start. 3-Skill based because a football player has to be natural with skills that they just are born with or worked for.
6) What are your favorite moments from your football life?
Beating Wisconsin on senior night. That was pretty special. Winning the Mac Championship in 2018.
7) What is your favorite workout?
Squat, I love taking the body and seeing if I have it or not. That is a workout that is really a test of your will, it hurts and drains you but it is just you and the weight.
8) What role do you hope to have in the NFL?
I plan on becoming a starter. I know I can bring value to the run game and I will be working on building my skills in the run while working on my pass rushing as well.
9) What do you think are the keys to success on the football field?
Working hard, keeping your focus on what you are trying to accomplish, and celebrating your teammate’s success.
10) What is a team going to get in a player like you?
Going to get a team player that wants to win and will do whatever it takes to. Going to get a good run stopper, it is what I have been asked to do most of my college career and I plan on improving that part of my game. Someone who is not content and is always looking for something to be better in.
11) What type of energy do you bring onto the football field?
Physical presence. I am a bigger guy and play the game with my power. I am someone that takes pride in the dirty work of the double teams and won’t give up.
12) What sets you apart from other defensive linemen?
I don’t quit, I play like I have nothing to lose. The game of football is more than a game to me. I truly love the game and enjoy all of the small parts of it. I am a relentless competitor. I am going to compete in every aspect possible. I want to be the best.