- Name: Brett Heggie
- Position: OL
- College: University of Florida
- Height: 6’4 1/2
- Weight: 306
- Twitter: @HeggieBrett74
Right now, people are not talking about you the way I feel they should. Do you feel you are an underdog?
- I would say I am an underdog. Coming out of high school being a three-star guy, I entered Florida as a fourth-string player that had to fight my way up the depth chart. I have always had the underdog mentality. Even now, I cannot tell you why I am being overlooked. I feel I have played solid football, especially this past year and throughout my college career.
What is one thing that NFL teams should know about Brett Heggie?
- I am a very versatile player on the field and a guy off the field who will represent the team the way it should be represented.
If you could donate to one cause in the world, what would it be?
- Definitely our veterans. There are many great groups like the Wounded Warriors that I would donate to. I have a ton of respect for the men and women that sacrifice everything for our country.
Who was your childhood hero?
- I would say, my Dad. He is someone that I always looked up to. I always tried to follow in his footsteps, he is a great role model. He too played college football and sparked the love of the game in me. He is definitely someone I look up to.
Who is the most underrated teammate in your locker room at Florida?
- Ventrell Miller – With Ventrell I would say a guy that has a ridiculous work ethic. He handles his business the right way every single day, and he is a player that is constantly making plays around the ball. He has the ability to find the ball, and that was obvious this year. He always does his job. The thing I respect the most is his work ethic.
- For Zach Carter – I was able to watch him from his freshman year. He developed quickly and took it so seriously. He is so talented and you can see what he brings to the table. He can work a move, he can bull rush you, and his tools on the defensive line caused problems for the opposing team. You can see that in the film.
What is your biggest pet peeve?
- This is hard, I guess, I hate when people try to talk over people when they are telling a story. I don’t really have one, to be honest, but I guess that bothers me.
Overcoming adversity is what defines character, what was the hardest moment in your life to overcome?
- Overcoming my knee injury. I give a lot of credit to my family and friends because they helped motivate me to overcome the ACL injury. I wanted to get back onto the field for my friends and family and to play at a high level to make them proud.
Tell me something about Florida, and why it is so special to you?
- I would say the environment and the people in Florida. Education is key! When I was looking for a college I wanted a good academic school as well as a talented athletic program, and Florida has the entire package. The people there are great.
What is your favorite snack food?
- Chocolate Covered Almonds or Peanut Butter Crackers
The NFL Draft is quickly approaching, If you could sell yourself in one sentence what would you say?
- I am a very versatile player, who will come to work every day to do the best he can for his teammates and himself. He will prove to everyone there that he does the right way on and off the field.
If you could compare your play to one player in the NFL who would it be?
- Ryan Jensen of the Bucs – I love watching him, he is tough. I was watching something where Ryan practices playing mental games with his opponents and I feel deep down inside that is something that I could add to my game. I really enjoy watching him play and how he approaches the game.
If you could have dinner with three people dead or alive, who would it be and why?
- Brett Favre, Michael Jordan and I need my family – Growing up I was a huge Brett Favre fan. I would love to pick the brain of Michael Jordan. I want to know how he approached every day, and how he was able to separate himself from others. I would definitely want my family present because they are important to me. I love when we are all together, and I think it would be great to have them with me.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Alabama Spring Game 2021 | Bryce Young Highlights nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/alabam… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/T7u5aPbQUI
about 25 mins ago
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Joseph Greenwood, LS, Ball State University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/joseph…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 35 mins ago
- Did You See This:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Jordon Scott, DT, University of Oregon nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/jordon…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 53 mins ago
- Did You See This:Rico Report: Rico sits down with Former Buffalo Bills Director of Player Personnel Jim Monos | Bes… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 54 mins ago
- Did You See This:Man accusing Aaron Donald of assaulting him apologizes after seeing the video… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 54 mins ago