When we scout football we tend to miss on players every once in a while, but I wanted to share with you something because I think it is very valuable.
We scout small schoolers and we feel we do a really good job at doing so. Most of our players are not even 3 star players when coming out of high school, but 5 star players are the ones that receive royal treatment from schools. But this stat was amazing.
I died laughing out loud, because this weekend only 7 five star recruits are going to be in the Super Bowl. There are 106 players in the Super Bowl on both teams and only 7 of them are 5 star recruits.
Stop looking at the stars folks, stop looking at what people say about you on the internet. Stop worrying that you will not get noticed, to be honest, I wouldn’t want a five star label. Most of them do not live up to the hype anyway. It is too much pressure.
So when people say you are not a five star or you are not good enough, remember this stat. This is what you need to remember.
Also remember this, there are 8 FCS and D2 on the Chiefs roster alone. The Buccaneers have 13 players ranging from FCS, D2, and D3.
So all in all, there are 21 players from small schools playing the Super Bowl. Did you know that Colorado State Pueblo a Division 2 school has two players in the Super Bowl? Both Mike Pennel and Ryan Jensen played at CSU-Pueblo. That is a pretty cool stat.
The coolest stat is there are more Division 2 players playing the Super Bowl than 5 star recruits! There are 8 D2 prospects and 7 five star players. It does not matter where you play!
Those D2 Prospects are:
- Mike Pennel – CSU Pueblo – KC Chiefs
- Ryan Jensen – CSU Pueblo – Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Tyreek Hill – West Alabama – Kansas City Chiefs
- Tanner Hudson – Southern Arkansas – Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Alex Cappa – Humboldt State – Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Zach Triner – Assumption – Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Tershawn Wharton – Missouri S&T – Kansas City Chiefs
- Nick Keizer – Grand Valley State – Kansas City Chiefs