What is the most passionate part of football for you?
Kozushka said that the most important part is having that unity. Football is a very unique game where 11 guys work together to get the right output on the field. Peter also hinted that going to Off-season, waking up for 6 am workouts, and his endless passion for doing all of these for the team really makes him love the sport.
What do you think sets you apart from other offensive tackles in the draft/free agent market?
Kozushka talked about the mental part of the game. Being around the game for so long really taught him to pick out what to see what defenses are doing. Being able to read defenses and slow the game down as a left tackle is always something Peter is proud of.
Was there an NFL athlete you have looked up to in your career?
Kozushka’s pick was Lane Johnson from the Philadelphia Eagles. Lane has lots of diversity and overcoming injuries really shows just how great of a player he is. Peter also noted that Lane is a very smart guy and well-rounded blocker, one of the best of the 2013 NFL draft class.
Is there a teammate or coach that has made a lasting impact on your career?
Many coaches have made an impact on Peter in his career. First his parents, always supporting him in everything. Coach Jason was a great coach especially growing up in a smaller town where he didn’t get the publicity. Coach Wallace really helped better Peter’s playing style and taught him how to excel in his position as well as help him off the field. Lastly, Coach Chris Morris, cares more about his players as a whole person not just the guy on the field, which really shows the long lasting impact he had on everyone.
If you have your choice of which NFL team you could play for, who would it be?
Peter would welcome the opportunity to play with any team to show them what he could do, but would love to play with the Colts or Eagles because of there great offensive line program
What specific role do you see yourself in on an NFL team?
Kozushka wants to be known as somebody who gets the work done, as someone dependable, and as someone who strives to have integrity and will always do what he is told.
What is the most important part of being a player to you?
Peter talked about three different things. 1) Passion, otherwise it is extremely difficult to play football consistently and to consistently love the game. 2) Take a step back and realize what you’re doing and where you are at. 3) Wanting to keep working at your job. So many people want that spot on the field and you have to find a way to differentiate from others and prove you have what it takes to work at that level.
What was the most impactful game you have ever played in?
Peter talked about his 2019 game vs. Manitoba. Manitoba had really good DEs over the years. One story he shared from this game, “late in the game and got the ball back with 9 seconds left on the opponents 30 yard line. Left hash, going for a long bomb, snapped the ball, DE made an awesome inside move, but I was ready for it and got him away from the QB. Our QB hit a 30 yard pass on the streaking route for the win.” This gave him a special feeling and felt a tremendous growth in his career. It was the second straight win that led to a 4 game win streak. He was very happy to be a part of the game.
What do you want your football legacy to be?
Peter wants everyone to know that he gave it his all, that there was nothing else he could do on or off the field.
- Deshaun Watson’s attorney claims at least five of the accusers performed massages after their sexual misconduct incidents
- Guess what NFL player is currently wanted for a battery in Louisiana? If you guessed newly signed Seahawk Aldon Smith you are right!
- Notre Dame OLB Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah is the next Phenomenal Coverage Linebacker says former NFL scout
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:2020-21 BUCK BUCHANAN AWARD FINALISTS | Best Defensive Player at the FCS Level… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 34 mins ago
- Last Chance:Trevor Lawrence’s faith in Jesus Christ is more important than football and it should be… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 47 mins ago
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Richard McBryde, LB, SMU nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/richar… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/uv8Vwfo8FB
about 1 hour ago
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Tabyus Taylor, RB, Notre Dame College nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/tabyus… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/N76z3XiNbL
about 1 hour ago
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Austin Trammell, WR, Rice University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/austin… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago