Occasionally I like to put the spotlight on some backups or unrecognized NFL players. Today that player is Atlanta Falcons running back Brian Hill.
Hill started out as nothing more than a fourth string back when he entered the league, but he has since evolved into a force to be reckoned with.
Hill was picked by Atlanta with the 156th overall pick in 2017, but was cut in October of the same year. Hill spent some limited time in Cincinnati in his rookie year, but was eventually ineffective with only 37 rushing yards.
Hill has done nothing but improve, his YPC has been 4.1 or higher from 2018 onward, and this year he had his career high in rushing yards with 465, and had a whopping 4.7 yards per carry (as opposed to Gurley’s 3.5).
Hill’s contract is up in 2020 and he will be a free agent, Hill will be a great value add for a team who needs a strong backup running back. I hope the Falcons decide to re-sign him, but I think it is likely that he will be in a rotational system elsewhere.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:Syracuse freshman defensive back Cornelius Nunn was arrested on gun charges in Miami… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 47 mins ago
- Von Miller can’t possibly hit the open market… right? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/von-mi… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/OPnfXn99vv
about 54 mins ago
- Did You See This:NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Will Gragg, TE, University of Pittsburgh nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/will-g…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 59 mins ago
- Did Atlanta Falcons do Raheem Morris dirty? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/raheem… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/PZLt8KvEZe
about 1 hour ago
- Did You See This:Urban Meyer officially hired by Jacksonville Jaguars as Head Coach nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/urban-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago